hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Well i know ive been toying with a new car idea. But just out of bordem i checked out insurance quotes. I can mod my K11 with the following.

Exhaust manifold + catback.
Remap.
Cams.
lowered upto 50mm.
strutbrace.
wheels.
filter.

all for the sumer of under £800 per year, im quite tempted by this actually, because if i buy the parts second hand it shouldnt cost me too much really. Probably less then £1k, giving me loads of spare cash, and a fast and fun micra. Probably faster then the 160SR off the line too. Might even stay ahead of it upto 100. especially if i strip it.

its such a hard choice arrggh!

Ian

Ian said:
Well i know ive been toying with a new car idea. But just out of bordem i checked out insurance quotes. I can mod my K11 with the following.

Exhaust manifold + catback.
Remap.
Cams.
lowered upto 50mm.
strutbrace.
wheels.
filter.

all for the sumer of under £800 per year, im quite tempted by this actually, because if i buy the parts second hand it shouldnt cost me too much really. Probably less then £1k, giving me loads of spare cash, and a fast and fun micra. Probably faster then the 160SR off the line too. Might even stay ahead of it upto 100. especially if i strip it.

its such a hard choice arrggh!

Ian

it depends what you want tho..get a new car thats practicle and fast.or an old one thats going to have to be modded to keep up with a standard car

i made had this choice to make last year.and dont regret it

But then there's the benifits of a newer car...

You mod the k11 to keep up and handle like the K12 160sr and you'll end up with a k11 which is loud, rough ride and starts to rattle and is unsafe in an accident (lets face it, lol the k11 is no pinnacle of crash safety). It might be quick and handle like a dream, but it'll be unrefined. Not to mention you don't get a cent of your modifications back when you sell the car.

A moddded K11 (stripped, bumper and loud) may keep up with a standard K12 160SR (comforts, newer, cup holders etc)

Which sounds better to you really?

on the other hand buying a new car with a warranty either means you'll either never modify it or when you do start you'll end up voiding areas of the warranty...but as said ultimatly ends up what your looking to do, for how much.

As for the k11's crash resistance...just dont crash it, lol

not sure, the k11 drives nicer, ill be saving a LOT of money, like a 5k saving. Im sure the k11 would be faster to 100 or so. I would buy the parts second hand, so when i sell them i wouldnt actually be loosing too much. Im just not sure. I would really like to go out in a modded k11 to decide, but thats not gonna happen :|

this was what i was stuck with mate, had the cams and everything infront of me, but decided for the new car as it was new, warrenty etc, would be more comfy, more torque due to more cc, and no mots or hasstle with swapping manifolds.

as for beating the 160 with that spec, off the line no probs i rekon only upto 50-60mph though. then the sprinting ability of the 160 really shines.

strip the k11 right out and i don't see why it shouldn't win, until the 160 sr owner does the same mods then you got no chance lol

Ian....give yourself a knock and buy a car or do something, i swear Manda is the one with the brain in your relationship....:p

Ben said:
Ian....give yourself a knock and buy a car or do something, i swear Manda is the one with the brain in your relationship....:p

do we speak to the same manda :p hehe

shady that and yes it has taken two years lol - Ian, go and buy a car for christs sake, get out of the micra world...

Ben said:
shady that and yes it has taken two years lol - Ian, go and buy a car for christs sake, get out of the micra world...

yeah buy a ford..

dont think u will be able to do it for under £800... probly closer to £1200 :)

good cooper s beating k11 on micraholics for sale £888 ovno.
ready for serious action.

but its not suitable for daylight use luke, or passengers. I would prefer just to do mine. I would like to keep some comfort lol.

@robot, under £800 is my insurance quote mate :) the joys of being older lol

oh and detox, i assume you gave up? :)

Ian said:
but its not suitable for daylight use luke, or passengers. I would prefer just to do mine. I would like to keep some comfort lol.

oh and detox, i assume you gave up? :)

Ian your contradicting yourself now...you were on about stripping the k11 so that wouldnt be suitable either? As much as i hate to say just get the 160SR so you will at least have a car lol

boot carpet, shelf, rear wiper motor and arm, spare wheel, jack, seats, trim, seatbelts. Quite a good weight saver there. Probably 50KG.

Layla said:
twice a week

am i missing something here ? lol

I love the K11 but it would be nice to have a k12... if it was me then i'd mod the K11 but if i had the money i'd do both lol

Ian said:
boot carpet, shelf, rear wiper motor and arm, spare wheel, jack, seats, trim, seatbelts. Quite a good weight saver there. Probably 50KG.

but if you take the seats out then its not suitable for passengers then lol??

Ian said:
suitable for 1 :D

Then you might as well buy a REAL 2 seater. MX5 for the win. :p

K11's get horrible cabin noise when you remove the rear seats. Well... Mine did. My handling also went down the ####ter. The rear seats actually help with weight distribution in my micra... :p

+ its turd ol - i cant honestly believe after all the fuss you made your seriously contemplating keeping it - get something more modern

Yom said:
Then you might as well buy a REAL 2 seater. MX5 for the win. :p

K11's get horrible cabin noise when you remove the rear seats. Well... Mine did. My handling also went down the ####ter. The rear seats actually help with weight distribution in my micra... :p

if i were id rather have an MR2, but would love an MR-S! mmmmm, not a chance though.

ben, your almost as bad as the saxo lot, and you've had a micra :p

Ian said:
if i were id rather have an MR2, but would love an MR-S! mmmmm, not a chance though.

Exactly! I had a Micra so i have th right to comment on them! IMHO Micras are poo, i was glad to get rid of mine and even though i have a Focus now which isnt everyones favurite car, i prefer it 100% to the micra..My mate has a micra and i hate that too, Its all down to personal opinion at the end of the day and for me the micra was a stepping stone for when i first started drivinge, i could never see it as a daily driver..to look at its nothing....the engines are poo...the interior is possibly the most gash i have ever witnessed and there just generally granny mobiles. People sit and say:

"well a properly tuned 1.3 would do a VTS etc" but then you just sit and think yeah but you could say that about any car and if the money was spent on the VTS it wouldnt, you need to compare cars as standard and a standard k11 is ########, the k10 is too old and outdated and the k12 is just ugly..its not a bad car as a driver but its ugly!

When it came time for me to change car i was eager to get out of the Jap Scene as although the motors are reliable etc theres no outstandingly good looking ones and the ones that are are quite expensive, i think you need to live a little and dabble outside the micra lifestlye, you loved your civic didnt u?

Ian said:

Whaaaa?

pffft. proper RWD 50/50 weight distribution > faggoty toyota

nizzanz1 said:
good cooper s beating k11 on micraholics for sale £888 ovno.
ready for serious action.

But lets be honest now, its a stripped out shed, no one in their right minds would buy that!

oh yeah MX5, top class car, its why its been best in its class for the past 20 years, but i just like the MR-S :)

Ed said:
But lets be honest now, its a stripped out shed, no one in their right minds would buy that!

agreed..and thats the reason for sale i belive

Ben said:
Exactly! I had a Micra so i have th right to comment on them! IMHO Micras are poo, i was glad to get rid of mine and even though i have a Focus now which isnt everyones favurite car, i prefer it 100% to the micra..My mate has a micra and i hate that too, Its all down to personal opinion at the end of the day and for me the micra was a stepping stone for when i first started drivinge, i could never see it as a daily driver..to look at its nothing....the engines are poo...the interior is possibly the most gash i have ever witnessed and there just generally granny mobiles. People sit and say:

"well a properly tuned 1.3 would do a VTS etc" but then you just sit and think yeah but you could say that about any car and if the money was spent on the VTS it wouldnt, you need to compare cars as standard and a standard k11 is ########, the k10 is too old and outdated and the k12 is just ugly..its not a bad car as a driver but its ugly!

When it came time for me to change car i was eager to get out of the Jap Scene as although the motors are reliable etc theres no outstandingly good looking ones and the ones that are are quite expensive, i think you need to live a little and dabble outside the micra lifestlye, you loved your civic didnt u?

ben since when has a ford focus been good looking? theres more pensioners drive focus than micras plus if your buying a ford you should have got a good one.RS.COSWORTH.ST.RS TURBO....who wants a zetec nowadays?

Ben said:
...the engines are poo...

sorry ben but this is the only point you made i don't get, the k11 engines are reliable, strong, tunable engines. they have plenty grunt and are better than some modern 1.3's. and this engine has been around since 92. rest is all your own opinion which your more than welcome to.

besides the the cg series engines are better/powerful than any of the ford 1.3's ever made :p

ian with your insurance being cheaper now have you not thought about putting a ga16de into your car? you get the best of both worlds then, bigger engine faster car and you get to keep the comfort.

:)

how can it be said no one in their right minds would buy it? when i have priced it to the value of what all the parts are worth if i sold them seperately. people who know about cars know that it has value. i have a micra rally driver interested to buy it from me. ed you say its a stripped out shed, but thats how i think it would easily beat your car around a timed track lap. it is so much fun to drive.

RIK: Insurance wouldnt allow and i didnt say the Ford Docus was good looking, i just prefer it 100% to the micra

DR Z: Fair point, i meant poo as in they only go up to 1.3/1.4...they are reliable engines thats true, however you compared it to the Ford 1.3....get one thingstraight i am by no means jumping on the Ford bandwagon here, i just prefer it to the micra....+ mines a 1.8

Ben said:
DR Z: Fair point, i meant poo as in they only go up to 1.3/1.4...they are reliable engines thats true, however you compared it to the Ford 1.3....get one thingstraight i am by no means jumping on the Ford bandwagon here, i just prefer it to the micra....+ mines a 1.8

So any engine of a smaller capacity is poo?

Mate thats the same mentality V8 drivers get about 4 cylinders... You don't want to become like that... YES there is no substitute for capacity but as it is the k11 was perfectly matched to the motors offered when you consider the type of people nissan expected to sell the cars to.

Ian said:

thought that was the money u would have to spend on it lol :laugh:

haha im only 20 and ive got all that except cams and remap and im paying £650 :p

nizzanz1 said:
how can it be said no one in their right minds would buy it? when i have priced it to the value of what all the parts are worth if i sold them seperately. people who know about cars know that it has value. i have a micra rally driver interested to buy it from me. ed you say its a stripped out shed, but thats how i think it would easily beat your car around a timed track lap. it is so much fun to drive.

but ed could have the stereo on whilst hes up your arse :D and still drive it home in the dark

nizzanz1 said:

I stripped everything from my last k11. Now, I killed NATS on it, I could of had it repaired for around £200

But with it stripped, I decided to buy a different K11 and start again, it wasn't worth spending the £200 for the state of it. Sure, it was quicker but tbh it wasn't the best of things to drive around in. I'm not stripping the interior out of this one, you'll just more than half the market you're wanting to sell it too.

runaway-robot said:
thought that was the money u would have to spend on it lol :laugh:

haha im only 20 and ive got all that except cams and remap and im paying £650 :p

i got 0 NCB, a crash and a conviction. it was something like 757, which isnt bad imo :).

Zoidburg, i would go the GA16 route, but i couldnt afford to have the car offroad for so long, and its trying to find someone to do it. If i done it myself would take 3 month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back