Accelerator tuning box

I thought my micra was a little slow initially off the mark. Tried getting a remap of ecu, couldn't find anyone that did one for a 160sr (probably not much power to gain).

I bought and fitted a tuning box accelerator pedal box. Quite pleased with results. Comes with 9 settings. Currently using setting 3. It's got rid of acceleration lag. Tried higher settings, a bit too full on for my liking.

Would still like an ecu remap, if anyone knows somewhere that does them in uk.

Hello Mika, I bought a german one, called tuning box. It cost £200.

I did the research, you have to pay approx £200, although race chip sell one for £150, to get one that works. You unplug electric accelerator connection, plug it into box, than box lead goes onto accelerator pedal.

The cheap ones on ebay do not work.

It works much better than I thought. In the race mode, I find the acceleration too much, ie very jerky, and feel I'm wasting fuel.

There are 9 settings. Comfort 1,2 and 3. I have it on sport 1. Anything higher, including all 3 race settings are too much.

Basically, it's got rid of the acceleration lag I felt my car had. Even the comfort settings make acceleration better.

My car has only done 37k, but thing is its still 15 years old. Perhaps there was something wrong with my cars settings/set up, which the tuning box rectified?

I really need to get that exhaust end., but cannot find them anywhere.

Have just spent £800 on all new suspension parts. Just waiting on last items to arrive, before sitting. I noticed that one of the upright suspension arms has a bushing, that looks like its deteriorating. It's not cheap keeping a micra up to scratch.

Hello Mika, I bought a german one, called tuning box. It cost £200.

I did the research, you have to pay approx £200, although race chip sell one for £150, to get one that works. You unplug electric accelerator connection, plug it into box, than box lead goes onto accelerator pedal.

The cheap ones on ebay do not work.

It works much better than I thought. In the race mode, I find the acceleration too much, ie very jerky, and feel I'm wasting fuel.

There are 9 settings. Comfort 1,2 and 3. I have it on sport 1. Anything higher, including all 3 race settings are too much.

Basically, it's got rid of the acceleration lag I felt my car had. Even the comfort settings make acceleration better.

My car has only done 37k, but thing is its still 15 years old. Perhaps there was something wrong with my cars settings/set up, which the tuning box rectified?

I really need to get that exhaust end., but cannot find them anywhere.

Have just spent £800 on all new suspension parts. Just waiting on last items to arrive, before sitting. I noticed that one of the upright suspension arms has a bushing, that looks like its deteriorating. It's not cheap keeping a micra up to scratch.

Correction, think it was made in Belgium.

From research, found there is one company called sm something, that fit a full tuning box, for €500. Would get one, but they dont have an installer in uk. Might be easier for yourself.

Sharing knowledge is so beneficial.

i dunno man, sounds like snake oil + a good bit of placebo. If you can get it on a dyno and it makes any difference at all (even just changing the curve a bit but still making the same power) then that would be interesting

Thanks. That's how I understood it to work. No overall power gain. Perhaps if you drive aggressively, theres no difference. Makes it easier/quicker for the way I drive.

Mine was dynoed, 120hp on engine.
Modifications: K&N air filter, modification of air intake duct and change of rear muffler.
With these tiny engines, 10 more ponies is noticeable by butt dyno! :unsure:;)

Id be very happy with 120bhp. Have done the air filter, need to look at the air mod.

Looks like the cobra isn't available any more. Pretty sure mine doesn't have a cat. Suppose might have a look at a custom one. Even getting a new standard exhaust might be an idea. They must get coked up inside.

Result.

Found a sports muffler for a cc model, was tempted.

Found a local garage that produce custom sports exhausts in stainless. Quoted £250 to £350, which includes the middle section as well.

2 of the mechanics have had micras, one for a long time, who is on this forum.

120bhp ?

Back