High/low inpedance injectors

Stani1029

Club Member
hello all, can anyone tell me the resistance of the ga16 injectors and the coilpack top fed 1.0 injectors. from what i know one of these is high and the other is low and im going to use the coilpack bosch injectors so i can basically choose what cc i want to use. also is it right that i need to fit resistor packs to each injectors to put the resistance down or up now that im changing?? help is much needed

stani

my understanding is that all the sidefeed ones are high impedance stani, you could measure the ohms across the terminals eh :)

i dont have a multimeter but i shall buy one lol the coilpack ones must be the low inpedance. any idea what to do to get the resistance up? or you think using a coilpack ecu will be fine? ive already had them running previously and on idle it run very very lean. and when driving any harsh acceleration the car got confused and i had to let the foot of the pedal a bit till a certain point before the car took off.

my CG ones are 10 ohm (high impedance) stani (which is bang-on spec)
my coilpack ones are 14.25 ohm (even higher :eek:)

so can i ask what you did when you fitted the coilpack inlet/fuel rail and injectors? did it run ok?

i,m on gas stani dont forget :wasntme: (with no petrol tank)
the coilpack ones are a smaller fitment btw (into the mani) and a slightly different bolt-down setup (you need the mani too really)

i have everything, the injectors with the correct inlet and the bosch throttle body and the loom. id prefer if i can get to use the bosch injectors as theres many types of injectors which are a straight fit (i have top fed sr20 ones) where as the side fed is very limited. im just needing to work out where its going wrong or you think my emanage should fix that?? :)

yeah i was frank, idle sat at around 1200rpm when heated up and there was no way of adjusting it. can the coilpack ecu's take the emanage blue?

yeah i was frank, idle sat at around 1200rpm when heated up and there was no way of adjusting it. can the coilpack ecu's take the emanage blue?

i would guess thats why your fueling was all to-pot :wasntme:
and dunno on the emanage, i think its more suited to obd 1 systems tho
(hopefully ed can advise)

well i read that nis melted a piston using a emanage on a coilpack ecu as it wasnt working correctly. i can always give the injectors a go on the cg ecu with the emanage and see who ever sets it up what they think. either that or i give up the coilpack bits and see how the ga16 injectors work out with the emanage

another option would be to drill and tap the 2 T/B boltholes that dont line-up eh, and fit the CG T/B (there,s plenty of metal there to do it, iirc) :)

Back