HID's

yeah i know that without headlight washers/wipers there not legal, but for show use would thay work, anyone? o_O

well any H4 bulb should fit (if thats what it takes) but proper HID bulbs are completely different to halogen ones. proper HID kits have a ballast, bulb, and could need a new bulb holder.

if you're wanting some really bright bulbs, just get some uprated ones, i've heard good things about the Osram night breakers.

Davedaveda : Osram Night Breakers are a good bulb, but the life of them is about 200 to 300 hours.

Blake : you can get H4 HID Conversions they price around 300 to 600 quid. But if you don't want to spend that sort of money you can get Xenon plus with is upto 30% brighter or Ultra Xenon which is upto 60% brighter.

I would know all of this stuff about bulbs as I work with them everyday.

Blake : you can get H4 HID Conversions they price around 300 to 600 quid.

on ebay, you can get a HID kit for H4 bulbs with dipped and main beam for about £130 delivered last time i looked. i think Fordy has some in his k10 which are H4 fitment, it's in the k10 guides section, maybe another thread aswell?

Davedaveda - I work for Ring Automotive and I have some Extreme Blue +50% in my car (RW772) and I have had them fitted for ages, on life test they have lasted on average (of 5) of 926 hours which is excellent for this type of bulb.

My job at Ring is Quality Assurance I get samples of all types bulbs to test for Life & Light Output and blah blah blah I could go on for hours.

i was gunna get some hids from ebay usa very cheap, but im gussing for the price thay may not have dipped and main beam bulbs ?,

also if you have some pics of your bulbs pjg you could be drumming up some business here lol,

Answers : Sportz Blue are for looks mainly, they're high wattage to compensate for the darker blue glass envelope that surrounds the filaments. The Extreme Blue's glass envelope isn't as dark as the Sportz Blue but does have a Xenon Gas inside and smallers filament which makes it brighter. I shall get some pics up later with a Sportz Blue and a Extreme Blue using our latest equipment which cost us £35k impressive piece of kit I tell ya.

Back