HI im a newbe to this site

HI
i have joined this site on be half of my relatives owning a k11 micra
which my lil sister as a problem with her n/s and o/s windows
as they keep coming out of the plastic clip holding the glass in position
my question is this a come fault and how can i rectify it
in the past i hav tried different glues but after a short wile it same again
(she got electric windows if that makes any differences)
i was thinking of getting windscreen bond??

hi cob_cars, i have done a few in the past np, but i always sand the 2 surfaces first (else the glue wont key on) :)

the last time it happened i cleaned both surface with sandpaper and then cleaned off with thiners
and also i hav tryed epoxy resin as well
that were i was thinking off windsreen bond
thks for replying frank and jim_bling

guy's this tiger seal
is it the same stuff as windscreen bond????

Hi mate, and welcome to planet micra!I lost count of the times my o/s window escaped from the mounts, despite various top end glues/silicones etc...the solution was to bond extra "biscuits" of polcarbonate from b+q on either side of the clamps that hold the window glass with a hot glue gun, then cover the original clamps and extra plastic bits with more glue until it was an extended clamp if you get what i mean...further to that, because the car has leccy windows it's not possible to "feel" if it's sticky when you wind it down, but the inner rubber seal on mine was folding when winding the window down, most likely causing the problem...one deft stanley blade later and the problem was gone! (Y)

the last time it happened i cleaned both surface with sandpaper and then cleaned off with thiners
and also i hav tryed epoxy resin as well
that were i was thinking off windsreen bond
thks for replying frank and jim_bling

guy's this tiger seal
is it the same stuff as windscreen bond????

Tiger seal is just a polyeurathane sealent. It's very very sticky, and it sorta turns rubbery, so it doesn't go brittle and fail.

I used epoxy on my K10 passenger side window. It had been replaced at some point (following a break-in, there were pieces of glass in the door cavity) and it kept coming out of the holder when winding down. I cleaned all the crud off and put glue in the holder, then kept adding more until the whole nylon section holding the glass was filled, then left it fully wound up for a day or so. It's never come out since :)

BG

hello again
i just had my sisters micra to sort n/s window
i stripped it down and noticed that i already used epoxy resin on it last time
so i got to thinking:confused:
a wile ago i done 1 of my cozens car which was golf mk4 window(he need new window mechanism)
and had window claps off it spare
so using claps off golf modified them to fit on to micra runners
( i have taken a photo to show what i mean(not to sure if it will work tho))

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/888/image0020.jpg

Typically, after i post about how i fixed mine it broke again the next day!:doh:
This time i used a hot glue gun in excessive amounts, oh and the channel the edge of the glass sits in down either side, needed poked back into shape with a screwdriver, it was slightly kinked...maybe another reason it was sticky?

Back