Hi guys! having a bit of a problem

Hi everyone, my names Adam, and i am from Sydney Australia.

The Micra is my daily driver, it gets some attention and modifacations, but i need it to be reliable, and it has been since i have bought it but it has started loosing power and stalling violently.

At first i thought it was heat related, as i was on the freeway for an hour just driving in 4th (slightly underload, you know just sticking on a certian speed), then suddenly it started loosing power, then coming back, and as soon as i pulled over i stalled, it seemed to do this on every hill it had to climb too.

So i changed a few things (intake setup) and it hasn't done it for a while, until now, it has started doing it again.

So i had a search through all the guides and they seem to have a common problem with the soldering on the throttle body. I have just attempted this, but to be honest, i'm not confident that this would fix it.

However, when you pull the larger brown plug out, it does tend to act like it did randomly. (rough, variable idle, lack of response with throttle). So maybe it will fix it, i'm yet to take it for a drive though.

I noticed that there were not many replies in these threads being made to say that this or that worked for me, so i am asking, did you have similar problems to me, and did the throttle body trick fix it?

Since i have done this throttle body trick, the idle seems to be a little low, and throttle response seems to be a little sluggish, maybe thats why i am not confident ... i shall do some searching to adjusting the idle now.

Thanks guys,

Adam.

2je64cn.jpg

Edit: just raised the idle, sounds much better! and has the response it should have at the touch of the throttle.

Now to see if the thing will stall on me or not ... thats another issue.

Sorry Adam I can't help with your problem.

You do however have an excellent looking Micra. How did you go low?

I hope you manage to get the running problem sorted.

Hmm, doesnt seem to like heavy loads, started to cut out slightly every few seconds, then when i change down a gear it didnt want to accerlate ... any ideas anyone?

yeah maybe on of the leads has corroded? i had a similar problem thinking about it now and that cleared it up? but its good you got to work (Y)

thought so, just couldnt quite tell on my screen, i only have a tiny notebook :(

I will check the plugs when I get home today, I thought about it last night but it was too dark.

I'll have a look at the dizzy and leads too.

I would say try resoldering the throttlebody then.

If the spark plugs aren't doing their jobs properly, then you'll be getting unburnt fuel down the exhaust pipe, but I doubt all 4 are, so it shouldn't smell rich all the time.

dont know if youve fixed this yet but....
the way your describing it sounds like what was happning with mine but that turned out to be water in the fuel tank that had got in through a rust filler pipe and im really doubting that seein as your weathers probly not as bad as Scotland. lol.

the thigns i checked over was all to do with the fuel lines they might not be any use but its sometyhing else you can eliminate.

Make sure all the injecters are clicking away. that theres not any debry or anything in your fuel tank, your fuel fiter is in good condition, and if your in the tank check the filter on the pump aswel.
i swapped a t/b off another micra just to check this aswell so before you solder it all you can see if thats a problem.

The way youve explained it i dont think thats much use but never know.

Also, the micra looks cool mate. nice job. :D

Mmm, I've checked the plugs, leads, dizzy and all the fuses in the engine bay, apart from being dusty they appear fine.

I am now starting to think it's either a sensor somewhere (had a similar problem on my Mx5), or the fuel pump needing replacement.

Right i have noticed that the micra doesnt like to be in open loop mode, and when it is, this is when it starts to act up on me.

I managed to show my mechanic to capture the micra doing what he does, and he suspects the MAF/throttle body.

He happens to have a micra too, so i will put his on mine to see if that is the case, then i will probably buy a GA15DE throttle body if it is the problem.

Found myself a GA15DE throttle body, that should on its way soon.

Car seems to run fine when the weather is cooler, though it still smells very rich!

wasn't there a sensor that caused your car to be extra rich if it were faulty? coolant temp sensor? i cant remember!

Back