Hi from a fellow Micra owner

Hi fellow Micra owners this is my first post on this forum but I have enjoyed owning and driving a K11 2002 (Nov) 1.4 SE for 5 years now, I have read many posts and threads on this forum and am amazed at the interest and the deserved "cult" following that the K11 has. Living on an island which has a very large community of Micra K11's of all ages and model types helped in the past by a government department purchase of K11's makes for a Micra K11 spotters paradise.

I recently purchased a roadworthy late 2002 K11 1.4 Auto SE+ with every optional extra available for parts to upgrade my SE. Unfortunately the SE+ bodywork was in a very bad state with virtually damage to every panel but the engine (which I will sell on was very good) and optional extra bits I needed to upgrade my SE were in excellent condition. I am now after a late K11 sport model from which I can salvage rear ventilated disc brakes to retrofit to my upgraded 1.4SE+ Micra!

I am looking forward to reading the input of fellow Forum members.
Regards
Andy 5077

Welcome to the forum Andy.

I'm curious - where is this island of K11's?

Might be the place to locate a 1.4 SE for myself - my 1.0 is fine, but I'd love a little extra power at times - with a 1.4 I might not get a queue of traffic behind me, all getting "Micra Rage".

Hi Steve and thanks for the welcome,

I live in Guernsey in the Channel islands, during the 90's a local garage (Motor House) who in them days had the Nissan dealership and sold 100's if not into the 1000's of Micra's also helped by the fact that the government health care department bought many Micra's for it's fleet. The age and type of Micra's vary tremendously and the oldest one I have seen is a very early K10 it looked like the first Ford Fiesta a very square shaped body?

At work today I spotted at least 5 different types parked up including early K11 GL's, twister, 1 pre 1st facelift, a UK registered 1.4SE (very shabby) and a lovely metallic dark grey Tempest. Also whilst driving today I probably saw at least 10 K11's of all types funny enough only noticed 2 K12's! Also a probable contributing factor to why we have many K10's and K11's is that Guernsey does not have MOT's so there is a very large stock of K10's and K11's of all model types and conditions waiting to be bought as re-build projects!

I recently bought a 2002 metallic green automatic 1.4SE+ with every imaginable extra, the engine is great but the bodywork and cross member is rotten but I am using it as a doner vehicle to upgrade my 2002 (nov) 1.4SE which is in very good condition (have started bloc on the upgrade project). I am also looking for a 1.3SR or 1.3 Super S for my next project, depending on the condition of the SR I might refurbish it or use it to further upgrade my SE (back disc brakes) etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers
Andy

When I asked the question, I guessed it would be Guernsey.

I've always wanted to move to the Channel Islands - and now you've given me one more reason!

The no MOT law is crazy in my opinion - cars still need to be roadworthy, even if they're only pottering around at 30 MPH.

Do you find some mint, very low mileage Micra's out there? As it's a very small island, I'd guess there are going to be a lot of drivers doing no more than about 1000 miles per year.

With no MOT requirements, a full service history would be essential though!

When I asked the question, I guessed it would be Guernsey.

I've always wanted to move to the Channel Islands - and now you've given me one more reason!

The no MOT law is crazy in my opinion - cars still need to be roadworthy, even if they're only pottering around at 30 MPH.

Do you find some mint, very low mileage Micra's out there? As it's a very small island, I'd guess there are going to be a lot of drivers doing no more than about 1000 miles per year.

With no MOT requirements, a full service history would be essential though!

Hi Steve yes there are some mint examples around "but they are mine" lol! I spotted a lovely looking metallic dark silver Tempest the other day and a very nice white 1.3SR, like I have said earlier there are loads of K11's, every day I usually spot on average 6 to 10 (not hard on a island 26 miles square)! I am after a 1.3S or SR so I can "rub" bits off them for Rouge 5.

Yes no MOT but if the body work is dangerous or there is a lot of smoke coming out of the back the police have the power to make you have a examination by there vehicle examination officer who can then take your vehicle off the road till you get it fixed. On the other hand no MOT means lots of cheap second hand K10's and K11's runners available.

Cheers
Andy

Pffft, typical Guernsey donkey chatter..... ;)

(Lived on Jersey for 5 years, where its mostly Metros last time I checked!)

Welcome to the community, get some photos up!

Pffft, typical Guernsey donkey chatter..... ;)

(Lived on Jersey for 5 years, where its mostly Metros last time I checked!)

Welcome to the community, get some photos up!

Hi Devnull,
So you lived in Crappo land for a while lol! Only born in GSY my ancestor's came from tractor paradise Sark where they loved their MF's, John Dere's, Zetar's, mobility scooter's, bicycle's and horse and carts lol! I have a thread in the K11 block "Rouge 5" with plenty of pics!

Glad you escaped Crappo land (only joking)!

Cheers
Andy

In K11 Paradise Island we have no Mac's, Burger King's etc only high class French/Italian/Thai/Chinese mega expensive cuisine, mind you there are some very dodgy cheap takeaways! Today during my K11 Micra spotting I clocked 8 including a lovely Yellow 1.3 SR and a lovely metallic light Silver 1.3i GX which I might buy that will make 3 I will own! The yellow one would be my choice but tracking down the owner
is difficult only ever seen it on the road 3 times think I might have to stalk it lol!

I am thinking of starting a thread titled "K11 Island Paradise" and post pics of all the K11's I spot lol!

Cheers
Andy

In K11 Paradise Island we have no Mac's, Burger King's etc only high class French/Italian/Thai/Chinese mega expensive cuisine, mind you there are some very dodgy cheap takeaways! Today during my K11 Micra spotting I clocked 8 including a lovely Yellow 1.3 SR and a lovely metallic light Silver 1.3i GX which I might buy that will make 3 I will own! The yellow one would be my choice but tracking down the owner
is difficult only ever seen it on the road 3 times think I might have to stalk it lol!

I am thinking of starting a thread titled "K11 Island Paradise" and post pics of all the K11's I spot lol!

Cheers
Andy
Do it.

Call the thread "The Island of Dodgy Takeaways & the Invasion Of Micra K11's" now that will get people thinking!!! I bet the island has a breakers yard with only Micras now that Paradise for parts hunters. :)

J

No private breakers yard if you want to scrap ur car u pay the government environment department £30 to takeaway ur wreak. Anyway with no motivation the K11's last forever lol!

Back