helpp wire on cig lighter

caphj7

Buy & Sell Member
hi ive got a problem with my k10 micra, its been bugging me for ages. i had the old radio, nt sure if its a negative earth thats what i said on the back. anyway i took this out and connected a cd player and speakers and all are workin perfect.. the thing is on the cigarette lighter there is a wire, black with red lines on that is doing nothin. before i changed the cd player from the standard it was attached to a black wire running into the cd player. ive looked in the haynes manual and yesterday i connected this wire to a live wire (brown) and it sparked and i had 2 put a new fuse in. so i guess this means its not a positive wire. maybe its an earth wire, if so how come it went into the cd player and where do i put it now if ive changed it to a cd? help appreciated please
many thanks
adam

look at the other wire coming out of the cig lighter... does it go to a ground? if so your live is unconnected. and visa versa... i hope i understood u right and this helps!!

Cig lighter has two wires, one i believe is blue - live, the other is an earth

It may have gone into the head unit because multiple devices can share the same earth.

Thread moved to K10 section aswell!

yea, i've got the same problem... i replaced my headunit and blam, my cig lighter has no power... i haven't bothered crawling under to give it a visual inspection, but i guarantee that one of those wires are tied into the headunit's wiring!

Back