Help

Hi, has anyone every experienced your car backing off the acceleration (well that's what it feels like) it only does it when its cold then sometimes when it heats up.

I think its the fuel filter being clogged but I'm only starting with the cheapest thing.

Its a 2000 k11 I own and its only started doing it recently

1. What do you mean backing off the acceleration? Do you mean a drop in power?
2. Does it always happen at the same revs?
3. Have you recently almost run out of petrol?
4. Have you recently filled up with petrol at a different petrol station?
5. Have you checked the air filter isn't blocked?
6. Have you noticed any smoke from the exhaust/running rich smell?

Yes a drop of power, have never ran out of petrol and I always use shell, air filters not blocked, and sometimes at the same revs, happened when u was on the motorway the other night there at about 80

if you have a k&n it could be running lean, otherwise try buying a new fuel filter, they only cost a couple of quid. Also check gap on spark plugs and clean inside of dizzy cap with a rag dampened with wd40 or similar. Start with the easy/free checks and go from there. Moisture in the dizzy can cause some tracking and cause a weak spark at the plug.

Its just a standard filter, I also work in a garage so I can get a fuel filter cheap but was hust wondering if anyone had this problem before I start buying things it didn't need lol, I have the coil engine

Try swapping the coilpacks dude, It sorted my stodgy throttle.

Seems to be the main problem causer. Get a couple decent looking ones from the breakers and try em out, see which works best. Fuel filter could be clogged up too. New one helped me.

Probably right frank.. I say probably but you're always right anyway haha MAF's are only worth buying if they're new if I remember correctly.

Back