Help!!!!

i was looking around the car today at work when i thought hold ill look underneath and to my suprise i found a leak, now the oil thats drippin out smells like gear oil but my gear box is still at the right level, but i have noticed that my engine oil has gone down a tiny bit, overnight this drip makes a pool about the size of a 50p piece, anyone know if ma10 engines suffer with seal leaks after 80k?

ideas much appretiated

skribble

if its dripping where it sounds its dripping, it could also be the input shaft oil seal (but then youd be loosing gearbox oil)...if its either the crank or input seal you wanna be careful that it doesnt ruin your clutch by oil contamination.

if its either of those seals...your gearbox is coming out. :D

if its input shaft seal, then youre taking the gearbox apart aswell.

you can leave the sump on (can on a k11 so would assume the same with a k10), and yeah you can leave the engine in...i lived with mine until the gearbox oil would constantly run out the bottom during idle :laugh: ...i decided then it was time to fix it...my clutch was ######ed by then aswell though. :(

about a 20 min job once the gearbox is off...if its the crank seal...just gotta prise out the old one and tap in the new. :)

you are correct frank :D

but you can still persuade it out with self tapping screws / a little metal drift for example...partly because the K11 haynes says you can (skribble best check your k10 haynes manual if you've got one to double check this is possible on the k10)...and also because i did ;) cos i didnt want to remove the sump :)

Just depends which way you wanna do it really.

Attachments

• PICT0034.JPG
    PICT0034.JPG
    847.6 KB · Views: 242
its a tight fit, youve gotta make sure the sealing lips are greased and seperated properly but once oiled up it goes on pretty easily...that pics looking at the back of it as far as i can tell (is that a k10 or k11 engine?).

...its possible that the k10 does need more parts removing...but without finding and checking in my k10 haynes i cant say yay or nay for certain. :)

Back