Someone please help!

Hi im having some problems with my micra 160sr . The car wont redline whilst in gear but does so when neutral. It will rev to around 4000rpm then it starts bogging and wont push further. It also cut out on me once whilst i was stationary. Car hasnt come up with any fault codes. Ive tried changing my spark plugs, oil but still no help.
Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi im having some problems with my micra 160sr . The car wont redline whilst in gear but does so when neutral. It will rev to around 4000rpm then it starts bogging and wont push further. It also cut out on me once whilst i was stationary. Car hasnt come up with any fault codes. Ive tried changing my spark plugs, oil but still no help.
Any suggestions? Thanks
I would be finding a way to get live readings from the engine, ie buy or borrow a good code reader. That way you can see fuel trims, lambda and maf readings and understand what is happening.
On some cars disconnecting the maf forces the car to use default settings and if performance improves it is likely the maf that needs replacing. I don't know if that is the case with Micra. Hopefully someone more knowledgeble will be along soon.
Joe

Back