help with viruses

Antony

Ex. Club Member
hi all, i have some viruses that i cannot get rid of, my anti-virus software knows where they are and is alerting me when they change, but it cant fix them

they are in the windows/system32 folder.

here they are.

Vundo-dm
Vundo@dll
trojangen
privacyset-b
monder-ew
rootkit-gen
vitrumonde-de
adware-gen
drwtsn32.exe

now one of these is stopping firefox from loading the google search page. i can bring up google and i can use the rest of the net, but as soon as i try to search for anything the internet just slows or even stops. yet im on here now..lol

can anyone e-mail me a program that will fix these (spybot search and destroy doesnt work, spyware doctor doesnt work, neither does nortons anti-virus. the only program that has found these viruses is avast but it cant repair them.

or even if its possible to send me the whole system32 folder.lol

thank youuu

First of all, uninstall Norton!! biggest pile of crap ever, and put AVG on in its place.

Restart the machine in safe mode and run spybot. That will help. There's loads of other things you can do too, but bit busy at work right now to type it all out

Im also having problems, seems on of those "spyware" programs has made its way into my computer, telling me i need to download and install to get rid of all the spyware etc...

Spybot doesnt seem to do much, think im gonna get a new laptop :) lol

Spybot is a great program! Used it on hundreds of machines with success every time, not sure why you guys can't get it to work!

It always says reboot becuase they are in the memory...but it still cannot remove them when it reboots...or is that what you meant by safe-mode?

It always says reboot becuase they are in the memory...but it still cannot remove them when it reboots...or is that what you meant by safe-mode?

Yeah it has a much better chance of working in safe mode, as most of the dodgey stuff on your machine won't run when it's started up, only the essential programs.

dont think much clean up can help now apart from formatting, and if it still doesnt work like my old computer you'll have to try low level format.

and make sure you dont visit those sites again.

God i hate it when people say format the PC!! I fix the bloody things for a living and know that's the VERY LAST thing you should do.

It's like your rocker cover has come lose so replace the engine to fix it.. mad

God i hate it when people say format the PC!! I fix the bloody things for a living and know that's the VERY LAST thing you should do.

lol i find that re-formatting it is alot easier and cheaper then trying to fix it myself or taking it into someone professional...

All you have to do is put everything in my docs onto a disk

it is just another option for him to choose if spybot and AVG do not work. And i love my computer after it's restored to its original point as it's nice and fast until i start installing loads of rubbish on it. :laugh:

it is just another option for him to choose if spybot and AVG do not work.

I'm not denying it as an option, but it's the last option you should consider. It's the sort of thing PC world would recommend, and they know nothing.

did a few startup scans with avast, it finds them but most of these are in the windows directory so if i delete them it doesnt work.

however, i downloaded a program last night (cost me £23!!) and it went to work. off it went scanning away. it gave me a list of viruses (739 in total..hehe) and it just wiped them clean, held windows in a sort of stasis and reinstalled the missing directory files...

god its fast now..lol i dont think its ever been this good since i bought it.

thanks guys. if this program fails then i will upgrade the hard drive (its only 2gb and quite old) so then i can just re-load windows anyway.

thanks james. spybot never worked for me, it just seems too complicated.

Antony, the only way to actually make the risk as small as possible is to wipe your drive and re-install windows. Zero day exploits and such like wont show up on scans. Trojans for example, may only exist to update exploits ahead of virus check security updates, if you catch my drift. I am being OTT, but true none the less.

New AVG is a bit laggy unless you install it the 'right' way ;)

Download it to your C drive, so it's c:\avg.exe

then go to start, run and paste in the following line

c:\avg.exe /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch"

You may need to remove the end " if that doesn't work. Some of the advanced unneeded laggy crap AVG have thrown in isn't installed with the above command, making it run a lot better!

Hmm, I don't rate AVG that highly.

I use Comodo. Seems good enough. As long as I don't have to pay for something that's gonna hog all my resources.

Not a fan of AVG myself either, ive jus got rid of a virus and loads of other stuff, had one scary lookin one called 'hard drive clone' that s**t me up a bit! unfortunately i had to do a complete format as AVG would do b****r all to sort it out! Got a good one now called nod32 (eset smart security) and its damn brilliant, also got spyware doctor and adaware se which are good, just wish id had them sooner as i lost all my data to COD4 :doh:
Not a happy bunny, goddamn viruses

i have spyware doctor, but to be honest it worked fine to begin with, but now is just as useless as nortons. it does sod all.....

i tell thee the one i have now is paretologic XoftSpySE. scored 99% in all its tests and made mincemeat of 99.99% of all viruses, trojans and baggared up registry files. then just ran registry cure and roberts your fathers brother.

Back