help with my 1.0 not being driveable

Just recently was doin a 1.6 transplant which didnt work out so ive put the 1.0 back in, only problem now is the same thing that the 1.6 was doing, the 1.0 is also doing: The engine can start but cuts out as soon as you rev it..I really jus cant see how this can happen in both cases, plus with the 1.0 I know theres nothing mechanically wrong as its more or less a new engine..only other thing is the wiring which has been untouched....all plugs have been correctly plugged in etc :(

plz help

fuel delivery is fine and all plugs etc are correctly placed. its a 02 model engine so its slightly different to older k11's stil no luck the engine starts for a spilt sec and cuts off...would the ecu need resetting?

look 4 common things that u have used between the engines as it seems funny that both engines have had the same trouble

wel i just had a double check and the only problem is theres no fuel going to past the injectors, hence why the engine wont start...any advice on what to do? thanks

is there fuel on the rail

is it the same fuel pump,

this might sound daft but is there any fuel in the tank (ive dun it before)

yea using the same fuel pump, lol yea fuels in the tank opened it to check that also and yes theres fuel in the fuel rail

whats your thoughts?

change the fuel filter (if there is 1) and if that fails check the delivery pressure at the rail, if that is too low change the pump (get 1 from scrappers).

another thing to check would be to check wiring to the injectors (do they share an earth or summat that u have missed???

the thing is if you overcome this problem then the 1.6 can go back in. lol

if im rite the pump isin the tank int it? have u got the primere 1 to try?

Are you sure the fuel feed and fuel return pipes are connected to the fuel rail the right way round. Getting them the wrong way will give you this symptom

my k11 is an 02 model: it is a nats key which i have with the button for central locking and to arm the imobiliser, the key for the primera 98 is the one that has the red chip in it, im not sure which is nats or nats2

the pressure is really good lol me and my m8 have had a few sprays in the face of fuel when weve gone to check it..iv tried both the primera 1.6 and 2.0 fuel pumps for the 1.6 engine and they all work the same way. for the 1.0 im actually using the original one which works great.

the engine is just cranking now not starting at all as theres no fuel passing through the injectors, but they are working.. im gona take a look at the earthing u mentioned now and will be back thanks

as my m8 scopez the line are the right way but it looks like the fuel isnt making it pass the injectors but the are working tho today Im gonna retry inverting the fuel lines again to see what happens but i have allready done it just wish me luck and if any one knows why wouldnt the fuel make it pass the injectors please let us know we are running out of ideas

the fuel wouldnt get past if they werent being switched on, so check wiring.

check the fusable links, and i beleive that the injectors share the same positive supply (white wire ???) check that, that wire also supplies the ECCS relay, and comes from a fusable link i beleive a 25amp 1. the other injector wires go straight to the ecu.

this might sound really silly but are the connectors on in the right order?

whats common still between the 2 engines??? as that might be your problem...

as said before, it sounds to me like the fuel pipes are the wrong way round. have you tried it the other way. from the filter, into the rail and out of the pressure regulator to the return pipe. i've got this wrong before and gives similar simptoms.

Had the same issue on my Micra a few months back. Engine would start but then cut out immediately unless I revved, however it still died after I stopped revving. Turned out to be part of the ignition preventing the car to start, stay running and the NATS.

vac pipe from throttle bottle had come out causing me to loose pressure wen accelerating hence the engine cutting out: lack of air.. lol funny cos ud nether expect something soo small to big such a pain...

thanks evry1 for your help however it was most helpful :)

wel unfortunatly its not in as of yet but the plans are for it to go in this weekend coming fingers crossed and that we dont encounter more problems on the way.. have made videos of the 1.6 starting which you can take a look at and let me no what you think:

only other thing i was wondering is how i can use the k11 clocks for the 1.6 as im sure others who have done conversions dont use the primera clocks....so what has to be done so rev counter, temp/fuel read well :)

well i assume that you would have to use the micra fuel and temp sensors, and the rev counter comes from the ecu pin 2 i believe.

really not too sure m8 bout the rev counter.....my digi clocks didnt come wit a rev counter so my plan was to use the older k11 clocks from the super s...plus my loom is a hybrid: internal loom from 1.0 for the lights, heating etc and engine control loom from the primera.. ??

vac pipe from throttle bottle had come out causing me to loose pressure wen accelerating hence the engine cutting out: lack of air.. lol funny cos ud nether expect something soo small to big such a pain...

thanks evry1 for your help however it was most helpful :)

what, on both engines o_O?

Back