Help please!

CMF_JoaoGTX

» CMF Member
Hello, everybody, i have a problem with my 1.3 k11 from 1997. The problem is that it cant get past 4500 rpm in 5th gear, in 4th gear it reaches 5000 rpm, but when i put in the 5th gear it can only reach 4500rpm and about 160kmh, the pedal stays about in the middle and even if you press it to the end it still doesnt pass the 4500rpm.
The engine has been completely repaired recently only with oem Nissan parts, because it had faulty head gasket which was leaking coolant into one cylinder. The idle is great and it never ran so smootly, its doing about 6,0l/100km.
Can you help me?

CMF_JoaoGTX

» CMF Member
My micra has always done 190kmh around 6000rpm, even has standard, ive tried in diferent situations and it always does the same, never passes 4500rpm. The ignition timing is correct, im thinking maybe the throttle body or the fuel pump. What do you think?

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
I highly doubt your micra gets to 190kph, Mine is far from standard and wont get much past 160 with out holding it there for ages. Revs wise wont go past 5000ish either in 5th So yeah i would not worry to much

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
I've seen this sort of thing with Japanese assembled Nissans from early to mid nineties, P10 Primera & similar, when the speed sensor is disconnected.
In Japan, every vehicle has to have a 180km/hr speed limiter. Disconnecting the speed sensor activated some sort of backup, limiting rpm as you've discribed.
I also doubt any standard K11 would do 190.

Back