help on engine?????

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
SR20VE. 147kw standard.

Similar to an SR20DE but with a completely different head. NEO VVL = Nissan Ecology Oriented Variable Vale Lift.

The cams are like that of Honda's VTEC motors. Each cam has 2 sets of lobes. One set is used under a certain RPM and once this RPM has been reached the ECU switches the cams to the second set of lobes (usually more aggressively designed) to give it an extra kick in the nads for top end performance.

Theoretically this provides a good reliable naturally aspirated motor thats got big blobs of torque low down for driveability but also plenty of top end grunt for when you give it a kick in the guts!

EDIT: It could also be an SR16VE which is pretty much the exact same motor just less capacity. Most SR16VE have blue cam covers though.

CMF_nigel brown

» CMF Member
cheers yom mate that was very helpfull silvia engine nissans big drift toy lol :)btw jus out of curiosity i was in the articles and i came across one about the greddy emanage for the cg13 engine sayin how easy it is to fit but would it be easy to fit to a cg10 engine and then stick a turbo on or is it likely to balls up and not work? :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
No SR**VE motor was ever fitted in a factory rear wheel drive setup like the silvias. Mid 90's developments of rear wheel drive SR series engines had a form of variable timing control I believe...

SR**VE motors were fitted to Primeras, Wingroads, Lucino VZ-R and Pulsar VZ-R and came only in front wheel drive setup.

Engine management for a CG10 and CG13 are essentially the same so fitting an emanage to either will be no different.

If you try and turbocharge the vehicle on a tight budget it will probably go a-over-t on you which won't feel very good.

Back