• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Help on donut size from cat to down pipe.

Hi all my donut gasket as completely finished. On the cat to down pipe need help with the size of anyone. Knows the size and how it should fit.on properly thanks.

Had to clear the surface with sandpaper or a small wire wheel.
If it's not fitting easy this may be required.
Then tap it onto the bottom of the cat with a rubber mallet or something soft, that won't damage the dohnut.
I struggled with mine the bolts were incorrect so had to get bolts and springs.
Removing the bolts is the most challenging part probably a jack or helper would be useful to hold in place as you battle with the bolts and springs.

One of my threads will be on exhaust might be more info on size.

Take your time with the bolts these are the part that's likley to cause a problem as they usually frozen.

I can tip that I'm now using canned air for bolt removal this might not be needed but it has Suprised me recently on smaller trouble frozen bolts.
Heat can also work but the canned air seems quicker and alot less danger of things catching fire.

The packet at the bottom is the dohnut part number.

Attachments

• P_20200624_195634_1.jpg
    P_20200624_195634_1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thank you again sparky2018. For coming to my aid once again. epic guy I have removed the bolts with and put new ones on the only problem. Is the donut I bought would not go on. So thought being cleaver and snipping the end of the donut and cleaned the cat up with wire brush and still couldn't get it to fit. So I will try and go again get a new donut. And hopefully do what you said. More precise effort on my behalf as well. I did measure the diameter off the old donut but it was a funny measure ment off about 1 half mm. And not even a mil thick nothing left of it. And the new cut one still on car grrrr so going to tackle it this weekend.

Back