Help needed with Speedo miles

J

jonn4y

Hi, i know i seen a thread on here b4 reagarding this but i just cant find it so if u could ither post me a link or help me anyways....

i just bought a new speedo and the milage on this is at 1150323 or whateva and on my micra its only at 73k and i want to change the new one to 73k i have tried using a drill in the back but this takes foreva as it took around 5 mins to go down one mile... does anyone know of another QUICKER way to get the milage down... if not can you actually keep it at 1150.... and still record it down as 73k???

cheers for any help

It doesnt matter at all what the milage reads, as long as you're honest when it comes to selling the car! e.g. You've done 100000 miles but they only say 50000, you need to inform them of the other 50000 miles. It is possible to change them quicker. I believe you take the dial out, and you'l see the numbers held in place by these plastic rotating clips. You slip these to one side and rotate the dial with your fingers, then put the clips back in there place.

it might be a little more complex than that tho! i didnt do mine, someone else did :)

Back