HELP NEEDED BADLY

CMF_aa1978

» CMF Member
Hi,

I have a 1993 Nissan Micra and I am facing a very peculiar situation with the car. In the cold winter mornings when it’s frosty, the car ignition when switched on doesn't turns the fuel pump at all this doesn't lets the engine start at all although it cranks absolutely fine...

Is this could be that winters causes the fuel pump to cease and when temp rises a little to a (threshold value) it picks up.

Kindly help....I am absolutely desperate now have shown to several local garages but still the problem persists...have got the spark plugs, distributor changed....

Thanks.

Junior

CMF_aa1978

» CMF Member
Hi frank2,

Yes you are right the pump turns on for a few second the first thing when you turn on the ignition...in my case especially on a cold and frosty morning the fuel pump doesn't seems to be on as there is no sound created....later in the day as temp rises it functions absolutely normal without any hassels...

should i get the pump changed or should i do something else....kindly help...

thanks.

CMF_aa1978

» CMF Member
thanks frank2,

so you reckon it couldn't be a case of a faulty fuel pump....i will try and get the 12v signal checked to the pump at a local garage....just wanted to know if there could be anything with the fuel pump in the cold mornings...does that also needs a replacement...

thanks.

smidge

» CMF Member
if a garage is checking it, it should be a pretty easy problem to fix once they've seen it

kinda hard to diagnose intermittant problems over the net!

Back