Headunit Memory Wire

Right ever since iv owned my k11 and fitted my head unit into it i cant seem to figure out the memory wire issue..Everytime i turn my ignition on i have to do all settings on my head unit again..also Everytime i turn the ignition on my clock resets to 1:00 i'm using a ISO lead iv wired the head unit up to other cars and never had memory issues what so ever i don't get what i'm doing wrong here.. am i missing something out?

I had the same problem when fitting my head unit. Make sure that the unit is connected to a permanent live, so it retains settings even when the accessory circuit is off. Most units have two wires (usually red and yellow), which can be switch around to do this. Check the manual before you do this though, yours might be different.

I had the same problem when fitting my head unit. Make sure that the unit is connected to a permanent live, so it retains settings even when the accessory circuit is off. Most units have two wires (usually red and yellow), which can be switch around to do this. Check the manual before you do this though, yours might be different.
yeah i'v tried switching them around but its still the same

I would have to check the manual for my unit (it's a Pioneer), but I'm at work at the moment.
yeah im also using a pioneer,kinda old though its a cassette player its a keh p8800r maybe if i connect the yellow memory wire from the head unit to the memory wire that comes from the loom direct? like you said maybe the wires on the iso are mixed up

after spending a whole hour and a half trying to figure out how to sort out the memory issue..i GIVE UP! i just cant get round it iv tried every combination just doesnt want to store memory :/

Only thing I can think of now is to check the permanent live wire has a signal with a multimeter. Loom might be broken somewhere and the head unit is being powered by accessory circuit only?

Only thing I can think of now is to check the permanent live wire has a signal with a multimeter. Loom might be broken somewhere and the head unit is being powered by accessory circuit only?
aah let it be, iv had enough of looking at them wires and fiddling with them lol il live with it

I'm thinking back 10 years but swapping the red and yellow wires on the adaptor springs to mind :).

I had same problem but alpine stereo in a different car,not sure if you tried this but I think I had the red and yellow from the stereo both going to the red on the car to get it working

oh and other makes of cars some times dont have either ignition it permanent live but also there may be a wire your unsure of that could be connected to the lights , this dims the radio ligts for night time driving

Tried everything guys it just doesnt store memory at all and just to confirm it aint the stereo iv tried 2 other ones today..just plain confused now :s
null_zpsebc71d8a.jpg

did you follow the wire colours i said about? also you can check the radio to see what it needs for memory as some have been known to swap about , simply switch on ignition plug both lives in so radio comes on , then take one wire off at a time to see which one keeps memory when radio is off and switched back on some times a clock will show up when its on memory with ignition off

Back