help meee!

Gemma85

banished to the buses
I'v had my little micra forover a year now and since myinsurance has gone down I want to mod it up. Thing is being a typical lass I dont know where to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Gemma

If you don't want new bumpers as options are limited on a micra then splitters are a good option (do a search of splitters as there's tons of threads on them)
Maybe some alloys, new shoes always personalise your car.
Aftermarket exhaust, adds a little BHP, sounds better but does make things look better than the pea shotter.
Lowered, again a performance and cosmetic choice.
Colour code parts, door strips, door and boot handle.
Open mouth grille, a DIY mod but very nice one (there's a guide in the link in my sig below)

If you give an idea of budget and what you'd like the most sure we can help you out better

First thing I would suggest would be to get Super S/ SR bumpers, then carry on with what goldstar said

Here are a few examples:

Attachments

• P2180052.JPG
    P2180052.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 175
  • P2180055.JPG
    P2180055.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 153
  • P1010674.JPG
    P1010674.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 148
  • P4090030.JPG
    P4090030.JPG
    674.3 KB · Views: 173
  • P4090032.JPG
    P4090032.JPG
    652.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 174
Good point, if you don't fancy custom/aftermarket bumpers but want a different look the Super S/SR bumpers are a good starting point, all the easiest to find a full set in good condition but they are usually out there.

These were the first "mod" I did whan I had my SLX, changed the cars look totally.

Thanks for your help! I havent really got a price range was just gonna see how much it all costs no a few ppl and getting a few quotes.I'l keep you postedIn the meantime if you know anyone in the north east well i can getthe work done it would be an even bigger help! As i obv havent a clue myself.I dont ask for much do i

woohoo no a man who is gonna take a look see what he can do and give me a good price! watch this space

just a note on some of the things u might of considered

bumpers r easy to fit ie 4 bolts for rear n a handful for front so dont let a garage or such rip u off...if u dont mind getting abit dirty then i say get under the car n go at it urself (no pun or such intended incase some of u read this different lol)

splitters u should b able to find a million threads like mentioned above but its up to u if u like them or not...

alloys they vary to ur likes n budget so ur bound to find something u like n im sure u could change some wheels or if u have a bf get him to do it :p lol

depending on the suspension they aint hard to fit either garages usually charge like £15 per corner

tints werent mentioned but mixed reactions on these but with them being ilegal on the front many ppl dont bother if u can do them urself u saved urself loads of money but chances r u aint so good tho

meshing i havent tried it yet but many people on here have had quite some success so it shouldnt b too bad a garage shouldnt charge u too much £25?(only guessin here)

exhaust if its just a backbox u got its unlikely u can fit it without going to a garage i aint sure on the rates for fitting these days

i recommend removing the bump strips its much better than colour coding imo n is cheaper :p

door handles u got choice of colour coding them or chroming them out

i would of offered to help to fit some of these for next to nothing but my girly wouldnt b very happy with another girly coming here so thats a no no lol well have fun modding ur car

###### her I need all the help I can get...! heehee well its my b/f sisters next door neighbour and he does this for a living and he said he will give me a really good price so fingers crossed he will do a good job I'm really still deciding what im going to do there is sooo much to think about! And I havnt a clue I'l keep reading up tho all these threads are sure to be useful!

Ok so I have an update! Been to see my boyfriends sisters next door neighbour and woohoo! He is gonna lower the car for me, put my alloys on (yeh im useless) do all the bodywork i want help me find the parts (clio bumber already discovered) I'm gonna get some clear lights he is gonna fit them and he's gonna fit my clear repeaters sort out the clios foglights all for £50 quid!!! Then I'm taking it to boyfriends dads mate who is gonna re-spray for £100 quid + colour code it all how I wants it all this while im on holiday in 3 weeks il not reconise my wee lil micra.

Also getting a new non pea shootable exhaust! Yeh 1.0 ltr of pure horsepower lmao!

Woohoo!

nice one, thats stupidly cheap, your lucky you know the right people!

if they fancy doing me a re-spray for £100 quid let me know ;) jks

Gemma85 said:
Also getting a new non pea shootable exhaust! Yeh 1.0 ltr of pure horsepower lmao!

lol the 1.0 micras aint bad you know! i only changed my cams and modified the air induction slightly and its danm quick! every1 who has a go in it thinks its stupid-quick for what it is (nearly factory 1.0) :D

100 for a respray is stupidly cheap. I got quoted £130 for just the front and back bumper!

well It is my b/f dads good m8 so if you cant do favours for mates..... I didnt even ask him to ask either my b/f sister was talking bout what i want doing to her dad and he ask without me knowing :upside: not complaining :)

and can i just say why the hell would i want to lie? you dont have to EDITED beleive me just watch this space you want me to e-mail you my bank statement

yeh iv thought that but his dads had his car sprayed off him b4 and recommends him he is well nown in houghton

Gemma85 said:
and can i just say why the hell would i want to lie? you dont have to EDITED beleive me just watch this space you want me to e-mail you my bank statement

lol bit forward.. who was that aimed at?

Back