!Help me please!

CMF_Micralife

» CMF Member
Hi,
I have just takin off the plastic on the outside of my doors and the glue stuff is near impossible to get off without damaging the paint I'm sure I have tried nearly everything!

Can anyone give any tips or advice to get rid of it?

Thanks
Micralife

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
the safest way I have found is to rub it off with your fingers by starting at one end and kinda push it onto itself so it curls up.. don't kno how else do describe it.
or use a cotton rag with PrepSol, you have to rub heaps but the prepsol softens it and should be safe on your paint. either way will take a long time.
I have tried the nylon scrapers but if there is dirt stuck to the glue you can end up scratching your paint. or you can get a 'caramel wheel' (sp?) for a die grinder/dremel/drill which is made for taking decals or stuff like you have got tho I have never used or seen one being used...

I haven't cleaned mine off yet cos it will most likely take ages. keen to hear what others have used...

CMF_DanielW

» CMF Member
Don't hit the drill on the paint it will get away from you if u rush.
I have used one on a big drill and u will need a decent drill. The cordless won't do and if you use a cheap one ya might kill it but $40 supercheap

Back