help installing an infinity basslink

alien10

Ex. Club Member
wonder if any one could help me, i've got my hands on an infinity basslink mark 1 (<---Click here), with the lead the contects it to the headunit.

Theres no power, or remote wire.

Iam guessing i need an amp wiring kit, and if so what is a good kit to have, or will this one be ok of ebay (<---Click here), if is i'l get it.

Next question, once i have the wiring kit, how do i install it, i have a incline to how the contect the speakers, and how the to contect the audio leads from the headunit to the amp, but not about the power or remote wire.

i would personally go for a 8 guage wiring kit. As a super quick overview you need to run the power wire from the battery to the amp, earth should be from amp to a nice bit of clean metal, RCA cables and remote wire (or REM) goes between the Head unit and the amp

the lower the number the thicker the them, a basis rule of thumb is the more amps you have the thicker the cable you need and the more powerful the amps (RMS figures only) the thicker the cable you need. Then within that there will be differences in the quality of the copper used which you can tell by the amount you pay. Personally i would not scrip on the cost of cables, a good 8 guage kit can be picked up for £20

right, so 8 is better then 10 ok.

i might just get that kit of ebay, as the infinity output is only 200w.

right the next thing is to install it when i get it, and this is the part iam not good at, the remote wire connects t were on the headunit, and how does the power connect and whats the fuse that comes with the kit for?

right ok

i now have the wiring kit, how hard is it to install, bearing in mind i've never done it before

The hardest part I usually find is getting the cable from the battery to the amp. You need to find a rubber grommit in the engine bay leading to the passenger footwell
Did you get instructions with the kit?

It should be pretty easy then. RCA's and blue wire to back of stereo, then to amp (blue wire to 'rem'.

Ground wire from '-' to a bolt somewhere near the amp ( I use the seatbelt points).

Main power cable to '+' from battery, leave the fuse out until everything is connected, double check connections and then put the fuse in.

Job done. Probs take you about an hour as it's your first time.

At the back of the stereo you should have a blue wire labeled amp or rem. If you don't have that then most people connect it up to the ignition live (usually red).

If in doubt get a pic of the back of your stereo with all the wires and I'll put an arrow on it for you.

right iam install it on sat, so i'l take a look on saturday morning, and if iam still not sure i'l post a picture up so you can help me

cheers dude

Here is a picture of where to put the power wire through. It is circled in red. The arrow points to the fuel pump as a reference point for you. Hope it helps:
DSC00159.jpg

Back