Help >< engin problem (I think)

Hi, iv got a 1996 1.0L micra,

Been running fine for the last 7months(about 8000 miles)
but for the last 3 days, I had a problem with the engin I think lol.

What's happening, is when I turn the ignition on, the check sign flashes fast, and the car won't start unless I wiggle the key before starting up...

That worked fine for last few days... But for last hour or 2, the car starts up for about 30secs then loses revs befor stalling... I have no idea what could be making this happen... Any help would be great

cheers john

sounds like a nats issue if cutting out after 30 secs, and if you can wiggle key in barrell maybe this is worn also......with nats you have two options option one is tow car to nissan dealer and let him recode keys ect cost around £100 to £150 option two is look for a very early micra in the breakers yard 93 or 94 (you can tell if nats is present by the lack of a pickup ring around barrell) from it get the ecu and engine side of loom swap it with yours no more nats problems, I have a none nats 1.0ltr ecu but i dont have a loom, but you can modify your existing loom but im affraid I have no idea how to do this.

cheers for the help... but last nite after hours of looking under the hood... i hit the fuse box (by mistake) and its startin evry time... i need to lift hood and push it down every now and the but is working fine again???

but i have a water leek... when i use heating... the vents steam? think this could be the main problem but dnt know :p

anyway cheers for the reply mate :)

Back