HELP!!! DASH PROBS!!!

D

Djdr1veB1

HEY PEOPLE!!!!

In desperate need of help advice or divine intervention!!!

Spent the day down the breakers with a mate looking for an electric window motor 4 his clio and some new bits for my Thunder Pup! Got myself a new straight aeriel to use till i get my bee sting on top as discussed before! got a nice new and shiny grille, gotta go back for the bonnet and lights!!! for my face lift!!! And a gaitor for my gear shift!!! :laugh:

HOWEVER!!! Had a bit of a result when i found a black heater control!!! 2 go with my colour coding and GOT ME A SEXY NEW DASH DIAL THINGY (The bit with the dials on!!!) :love:

Cleaned her up was about to put her in when i realised she was a dirty girl and had been about a lot more than mine!!!! MINE READS 58k Give or take but this old STRUMPETS closer 100K!!!! :devil:

HOW THE HECK DO I GET THIS WHERE IT SHOULD BE!!!!!! IS IT POSSIBLE??? OTHERWISE MY LITTLE KITTEN'S gonna look like mutton dressed as lamb!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Dave

if you go back to the breakers and snip[ a nbit of the speedo cable fom were it plugs into the dials ;)
then the inner cable insert back into the dials and then the other loose end into an mains drill (make sure its mains it gonna take a while ;)) and put inh reverse. then go make a cuppa whilst still holding the trigger

hey presto back to were u want it ;)

Whats with the crazy CAPS!?

It is possible to remove the dial and replace it with the one you already had.

Ed did something by hand with my ones and reduced them by 80000 without the use of a drill.. not sure what he did tho!

Arnold

well i know he took the speedo dial out, and fiddled around with the back of it! Star shaped plastic clips i believe were moved around to allow access to the figures (i guess these hold the numbers in place). They're then put back in place once the numbers are set.

the above may not be entirely accurate, or there may be more to it than that, but i guess the only way to truley find out is to remove it yourself and have a fiddle!

HOORAY!!!

Just corrected the mileage to my actual!!! I did it by popping the plastic bit off the mieage tracker, then popped the plastic off!

Once this is done you need to unscrew the back of the clock and the back of the speedo!
It helps to remember the short stubby ones come outta the clock!!!

Then lift the clock out (which is still attached to the plastic shield! This can now be put to one side next lift the speedo out!

You then need to pop the speedo arm off then unscrew the two little screws that are located by where the arm was! remve the dial fascia and the chunky bit of plastic that's behind it!!!

now the fiddly part!!!!

Unscrew the two scews holding the bit that was connented to the speedo am should be silver, then lift out the bit of the mechanism and drag out the spring just enough to give you acces to the dials!

Then spin them till your hearts content, and your mileage is lined up!!!

Hey presto then make sure then reverse to re fit! You want the numbers lined up in between the little black counters!

Cheers for the advice guy's

If anyone reckons it'd be worth while and usefull i'll do a proper list of instructions and put it in the help section!

Please let me know if it's worth it!

Dave

Back