Help car died on way home!

QuiggyWoo

Club Member (Trial)
Okay after everything I have done to my car I developed a major problem and I'm hoping someone on here has the knowledge to advice me! (Hint to everyone on this forum)

Sitting on the M25 today on my home from Brighton, Traffic was moving slow due to an accident and as normal temp started to rise. I started to move off and as I accelerated my car starting banging, temp shot through the roof and blue smoke (Not deep blue but a kind of mist) started flowing out of the exhaust. I pulled over to the hard turned the engine off and checked the oil levels, coolant etc but nothing was low etc. Waiting 5 mins started the car and drove the last 30 miles with no problems at all except the blue mist coming out of the exhaust.

I have to commute from London to Brighton for the next 3 weeks so I need my car. I'm hoping none of you are gonna say the heads' gone as I can't get another set installed until friday next week.

Any ideas will be greatly received.

P.S One day left until I join the MSC!!!!!

blue mist or smoke indicates oil burning. Temp gauge going through the roof combined with blue mist possible head gasket cracked cylinder head. check dipstick for contamination if the oil on dipstick is milky white the head problem also check water in rad for milky white substance .........will read workshop manual see what it says........

Sounds as if its the head also - but check the things that Japeye has said and then tell us your findings.

Back