Help- Air Filter

T

trlk

I am currently in the Middle East in a country that does not sell the Nissan Micra. So far getting parts for the car has not been a problem - until now.

I went to the Nissan dealership here so they could get me a replacement air filter for my 1995 Nissan Micra, which they usually order parts from the UK. They called back and said that the Nissan part # on the air filter was no good (Nissan part # 16546) The took the VIN # off the car and said they would find the part that way.....that was 1 month ago??
I've called back twice and said they are still working on it...Somethings doesn't seem right there???

I have ordered oil filters from the US for my Micra (shipping is cheaper for me) and have also ordered parts from the UK at a higher shipping rate.
In my online search I am only coming across performance air filters (shipped from the UK)

Any help would be appreciated.

Not a problem.

Why not invest in a k&n - that way you just need to clean it and saves the hassle of trying to get a filter once a year...

Work in Israel you say, not sure how things work with global shipping but you could look into getting stuff from Australia, Taiwan and Japan if shipping would be cheaper, these countries have a big following for the micra like the UK

K&N ...makes sense what your saying but those are pretty pricy and I would go that route if I was keeping the car but I am leaving Israel soon and on my way to Mexico City.....can't take the Micra with me :-( So sad cause I absolutly love it!!

Between the price of the K&N filter and shipping to get it here to Israel.....well, that's alot of $$.

I am still open to suggestions..... The air filters on Ebay.UK will not ship outside the UK - I see my air filter there...just can't get it!!

The guy at the dealership here told me the high performance air filter would not work as the car would not pass the yearly testing (emissions). ..Something on the line of all the crap in the air over here.....does this sound like bull or can someone add to what this guy is saying?
Would like a little feed back on this just in case I have to go with the K&N air filter.

Thanks again for all the help.

Considering how dusty it can be over there i wont be suprised - hell the British army is having trouble with it's tanks in the middle easy because of the dust! LOL

LOL

Looks like I should be able to snag an air filter from the good information you've passed along. Thanks!

wilsonian said:
Considering how dusty it can be over there i wont be suprised - hell the British army is having trouble with it's tanks in the middle easy because of the dust! LOL

wilsonian said:

yeah but they dont drivea micra now do they?.... thats proper engineering for you...lolfwn

Back