Hello

Hi Everyone, my friend is selling a micra witch im now in the middle of buying and thinking of tuning, any one got any tips of what I can do to the stock engine it a 1.0L :grinning:

Welcome (Y). It all depends on whether your engine is MA10 or CG10. I'm sure you'll find all the tips you need to tune on here, whatever engine it is :grinning:. I'll make a few suggestions to start off with (from my own K11 with a CG10 engine) - cone air filter (K&N preferably), cold air feed, 4-1 or 4-2-1 decat manifold, decat pipe for the second cat, aftermarket backbox (Sportex, Ashley, or similar), heat-wrapped manifold, iridium spark plugs, NGK HT leads, 1.3 cams, skimmed head, and (if your car has it), remove the aircon :grinning:.

Something like this maybe?

009.jpg

:grinning:

I'd recommend lowering and alloys with wider tyres as well (Y)

There is a hell of a lot you can do to these engines - turbo, convert them to run on bike carbs or Webers, drop a CG13 in there, the list is endless :laugh:

Welcome.

As Dan said, although I am not a fan of cone filters especially K&N ones.
Stick a 1.4/1.6 Almera/Primera airbox in with a decent panel filters (Y)
If your on a budget, engine mods I recommend are a frankspeed manifold, a peter lloyd cat back (which is a sportex), 1.3 cams and the 1.4/1.6 airbox

Back