Hello I'm Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I'm Ben just joined and I'm here to get some advise about sorting out my Nissan Micra Twister 1998 Sreg 1L, and to see what I can and can't do to it etc. Make some friends and see what other people are up to. Oh and contribute in putting the micra on the map a little more.

Thanks,

Ben.

welcome to the wonderful world that is micra enjoy your stay fella where abouts are you from and got some pics of ya beast

Hi, I'm from Ilkeston in Derbyshire, no i dont have any pics yet, and it made me smile that you had asked, no one has ever asked to see my car before when ive said its a micra, though where i am there is a negative stigma of "uncoolness" around micras, but i grew to love it, my dad gave it me and its cost next to nothing to keep it runing odd bit of cash here an there on the MOT etc. I will get some pics sorted and let you have a look see, while I'm at it ill put some up of the areas of the body i want to work on and get sorted, they need the dints getting out or a new panel and a repsray, though i may do the hole car a new colour, im not a fan of the colour it is now, though it does have a nice shine when washed up. Quick question on the K11 98 twister do all the panels come off by undooing bolts? or are some welded on? Thanks i'll get some pics asap.

Welcome to the boards

Front wings are bolted on, everything else is welded i think.

Dam, welded on not good ruins my plan a little, ah well mayber I'll just do the whole car in one day, ok then. Still working on those pics, I'm sure you will cringe at the scuffs, bumps, dints and the colour just as much as i do when i pay attention to them.

Hi, back with those pics.

Here is a pic of the driver’s side.

driversidej.jpg

Next the passenger side.

passengerside.jpg

Rear bumper, there are scratches, little dents and all sorts of things on the bumpers all over. These are some of the first things I want to sort out, though I don’t no if a new paint job would sort this or not.

rearbumper.jpg

Passenger side door bubble (at least that’s what I can describe it as) I really would like to sort this out, I'm so annoyed at it, it just was there one day some arise in a car park has hit or something.

passengersidedoorbubble.jpg

Wheel arch, now this is my fault, and ive caught this twice, once on a post at the end of my drive, the day after I past my test ha-ha, and once the other week on the wall of a house down a very tight alley way to rear parking at my girlfriends house, only bang since my first after I passed though, not to bad.

wheelearch.jpg

Anyway like I said I’m sure you will think ew at it, but I’m looking to fix up the body work and paint, get it spot on, then stage 2 is performance and efficiency.

Let me know what you think everyone, and any advice, tips, tutorials on the net, threads on here that you think will help, I welcome.

Thanks,

Ben.

looks nice ben, metalic blue ftw eh ;) and its nothing a bit of filler and some rattlecans wont put right eh

Lol guess so, but I do want to change the colour, to be honest the colour it's got has grown on me, but I'm just board of it now, really do fancy a change.

tbh id advise keeping the colour...at least for now, if only to save you the expense :)

i kinda like the colour though :D

Yes expence is a concern, however since i have decided i want to run this car for atleast another 5 years+ I'm working towards making it as nice looking as possible and increasing its power. Who knows maybe i'll never get rid of it if i can keep it going lol.

It's a monocoque chassis so all you can unbolt are the.

Front wings
bonnet
lights
radiator grille
bumpers
and tailgate

You should be able to repair your dings quite easily if you're handy with DIY and don't mind taking a sander to your car.

I like the blue, and the bodywork can all be fixed. Althought I have no idea how you will fix that bubble in the door.

Anyway welcome to the club!

is it a bubble under the paint or a crease? if it's a bubble under the paint, rub it all down, clean the area up then re-spray.

Welcome, you'll find it helpful on here. I know i do!

That colour is nice though, but yeah filler will fix that up no problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back