hell of a day

B

Ben

well been driving around in the newly polished car for a few hours. Been out of it for a few mins. got back in started, pulled off and it conked out. Tried again and same thing. Engine would run for about 2-3 secons and then jus stop. Got my dad down, fiddled with it for ages and nothing. I took the fuel pump off and blew threw it, so that wasnt blocked, checked all the leads and connections, everything seemed ok, but yet it wouldnt stay on. I have a feeling its being starved of petrol but all the leads and that seem to be clear.

Anways, got a tow up to local garage and left it there, got to ring them later on and see ifd they know what the problem is. They seemed very unsure themselves though.

Funny thing is its just came out the bodyshop and im a little suspicious to say the least. However, wouldnt take it back to them coz they take forever, anyone any ideas???

an idea or deffinatly? Well garage are keeping it till tomorrow so i wont find ot for deffinate till tomorrow but if it is the Tb, what are my options???

Chances are it is mate. You can get a re-conditioned one, or buy a new one.

Recondtion = Here

You can soldier to i belive, but not 100% how.

Titch :kungfu:

cheers for the info titch but looks like i wont be needing it. Just had a peruse through me owners manual and found the symbol that was flashing on the dash. An odd shape with check on it.

Ive just realised i would have saved myself some time by just asking you lot what it was but turns out to be the NATS systems, car is still in garage at the moment but doubt they will be able to do anything with it so just got off the phone to Nissan there, booked in for Thursday for diagnostics. Says £60 for the diagnostics but if you go ahead with reapirs they drp the diagnostics charge - absoloute bummer! ONly had the car back properly a day! All that working in the sun was pointless too + a mouthful of petrol!

Something interesting too - was reading through some emissions test thing that i got when i bought the car and that seems to think my car is a 1300 and found an old MOT which thinks its green???

Big_ben said:
Something interesting too - was reading through some emissions test thing that i got when i bought the car and that seems to think my car is a 1300 and found an old MOT which thinks its green???

I'd check your V5 Mate.

makes for interesting read i tell you! V5 says Gold, last MOT says gold and 2 previous say Green. hpi check says gold and one of the other bits of bumpf i have says green but has the colour code for gold so i dunno.

When i was last down getting MOT, the bloke said "what colour do you want me to put on it?" n i was like hmmm maybes gold?

He said summit to do with standard colours, e.g. red, black, white, green, blue. V5 and HPI also say one litre so i assume it is lol. anyways made a few topic regarding NATS as im a bit confuzzled

yeah have, everything is sound apart from the two MOT's that say it was green but i understand why it says that as last time i got my car MOT's the bloke asked me what colour i wanted on n i said GOLD. He was unsure if he could put it n i was like hmmmm, anyway all the other codes seem to be fine

do all of the VIN numbers match up?

have you had an MOT recently..my dads garage is on a computerised thing now, and he dosent even have to type in any colours or nothing, he just types the VIN number and all the cars details come up automatically, would be interesting to see what colours come up..

Glenn, yeah a month or so ago and i think its olive gold innit Wayne? Anyways forgot to thankyou for your help today Wayne, even though that wasnt the problem, and ill remember not to withold my number in future! :D

Back