HEEEEELPP!!! Alarm ETC

D

Djdr1veB1

Right had a day off today so thought me and my friend could get to work on a couple of projects!

Couldn't do the first with the tools we had so we thought we would have a go at fitting the alarm and central locking and electric windows!!! Spent two hours looking at it and are both none the wiser!!!
The central locking appears quite straight forward but it's wiring the whole lot in that's causing grief!!! Has anyone succesfully done this??? I read Arnold got Ed to do his but was wondering if anyone else had instructions in English looks like mine are in broken English and with very little in the way of explanation of what i'm wiring where!!!!

If someone knows how to do it it'd be great if they could share, as getting the alarm and central locking + windows wasn't that expensive and makes your car secure and a bt more comfortable!!!

Any thoughts advice guides welcomed!!!!
Gonna carry on with my parcel shelf and 6x9's so the days not a total loss!

Cheers in advance guys!!!
Dave

This is the reason i decided against buying it, Theres only a couple on here that have managed it.

The instructions for my kit were very very poor, however Ed being the electrical genius that he is, he didnt have a problem!

I think first of all you should try getting the central locking working, so when you turn the key, the doors unlock.. then from here, try and intergrate it with the alarm.

What Kit did you buy exactly?

the alarm was VALOR from diygti the central locking and windows were self branded diygti!

Alarm and central locking fitting is a pain if you don't know what you are doing. I'd get someone to do it. Though saying that, it is just normally running a few wires and putting in some motors.

Hmm, try reading the diagrams again? I remember bad translation but it did seem pretty straightforward? Inany case if you can scan them and send them to me ill help you out, or you can bring the car to me - but it will cost you lol.

Ed

cheap labour is good when you can get it... Just make sure the quality doesnt suffer. And mat, K10s are NOT cat tested so if you have not screwed up the carb it will pass fine.

Ed said:
cheap labour is good when you can get it... Just make sure the quality doesnt suffer. And mat, K10s are NOT cat tested so if you have not screwed up the carb it will pass fine.

thanks ed piece of mind there, its running like a monster with the webber on now :D i forgot how nice it sounded

Ive got this same central locking kit but couldnt find anywhere to mount the motors. Any chance of a few pictures from anyones install, ED?

Cheers

If you could add them to yor website that would be wicked Arnold. Im going to try and attempt to put in a front strut brace based on yours.

Also have you uprated your radiator, it seems different to mine?
Do you notice any different?

I've got the standard 1.0 rad so im guessing yours is a 1.2. There's no difference between the two really :)

And i'l get some pics when i pull the car apart. Some of the plastics on the doors need respraying so i'l get pictures probably next weekend. Hope you can wait till then!

Yeah cheers that would be great, thanks.

I do have a 1.2, On one of you pictures it looked like it had a header tank thats all and no screw cap on the top. Its proberley because yours is a later car as mines a 1989.

1.2 all have a different rad to the 1.0 one no idea why, the 1.2 has more capacity IIRC, but thats it a 1.2 should run fine with a 1.0 rad if you wanted one

on my old K10 which had a 1.2 transplant and still had a 1.0 rad it did tend to get very warm, i ended up swoping it for a 1.2 rad and the problem went.

Back