Heater Unit

I'm having issues with heaters in the car. The speed settings can only be used when either OFF or on the TOP setting. The temperature setting is okay, just the speed. I've heard of this with other makes but not sure of the cure. Any ideas at all?

Ah ok, this is quite a common problem and means that the heater resistor card/pack is faulty. It's situated just up behind the glovebox, right in the left corner of the passanger footwell.

You can often get them cheaply from a local breakers yard, or even fix it yourself if you have a soldering iron. Otherwise you can get a new one from Nissan, but expect to pay through the nose for one!

Great information, thanks. Any pointers on how to do this? I should really purchase a Haynes actually.

Sorry, posted before you did there. Is it an easy enough job or does it need some time to replace. Just so I can organise the time to get it done.

if you look up under glovebox and to your left you will see a conecting strip with 2 screws in it on either side remove these screws and that part of loom will come down remove heater resistor card replace with new one and refit.... or you could subscribe to msc and all this and more would be available to you with pictures........

Back