Heater only works on position 3 ???

when i put the heater fan on in my car to demist the windows or as a heater it only works in position 3 which is the most powerfull fan setting, if i turn the dial to position 1 or 2 it does nothing

what is the likely problem, other than to say its broke. which part needs replacing or is there a way around it ??

resistor card most likely, located underneath the glovebox and looks like a gold credit card

I belive that over time the bearing for the fan fills up with dirt, gunge and general carp, reducing the efficiency of the bearing. This causes the motor to draw more and more current through the resistor card, till eventually it kills the resistors.

Changing the card may work for another 6 months, but will end up the same.

When you change the card also clean the fan and bearings up etc. You should be good for a few years then.

I belive that over time the bearing for the fan fills up with dirt, gunge and general carp, reducing the efficiency of the bearing. This causes the motor to draw more and more current through the resistor card, till eventually it kills the resistors.

Changing the card may work for another 6 months, but will end up the same.

When you change the card also clean the fan and bearings up etc. You should be good for a few years then.

is that an easy job to do, cleaning the fan and bearings etc. does the fan come out easy

Back