Heater flap location thing...

J

Jim

Once again I have no hot air in my car. Not a breath of it. Last year some time it was "fixed" by manually opening the flap (or whatever it is) where the hot air enters the car from the engine bay. Now i've tried in the last few days to try and locate this again as it has obviously managed to close itself again.

By the way, my heater matrix has kinda fallen apart so the lever that should open and close the flaps has broken.

I've followed where I think its heading from the heater controls back down, but I get lost somewhere around the footwell. So if someone knows what I'm on about and can direct me to where I can open this again, or maybe even take a picture (that'd be ideal) then please go ahead! Cheers..

No hot air enters the car from the engine bay. No air enters the car from the engine bay at all. It comes from the base of the windscreen.

The matrix is the radiator inside the big plastic box. It should be warm when the engine is running. Check that first.

Otherwise it's a problem with where the flaps make the fan blow the air.

mine is exactly the same! the control is on the right hand side of the heater box, not very high up, it should be a white lever :D

Whilst on the subject of Central Heating :laugh: I have a 1989 K10, and basically i only get hot air from the windscreen & footwell openings, the others all give out cold air, any ideas?

winstonerogers said:
Whilst on the subject of Central Heating :laugh: I have a 1989 K10, and basically i only get hot air from the windscreen & footwell openings, the others all give out cold air, any ideas?
Yes, these are the only parts on a K10 that give out hot air. The face blowers only blow out cold air i'm afraid.

You could probably modify the dashboard or pipework so the hot air comes out wherever you like! The plastic tubes which control the flow of air just pull off. Buy some flexible induction hose or something and run that to wherever!! just an idea :)

this happened to me once i just replaced the matrix at a cost of about £10 for one from the scrappies, too the dashboard out, and put the matrix in. its very simple to do id do that rather than try and fix an already broken heater

Back