Heat Shield

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
With Hacks turbo sitting high in the engine bay so it clears all the A/C plumbing heat transfer to the bonnet was a concern.
I built a small cover which goes all the way down the back of the turbo and over the top.
I used that flashing/insulation stuff builders use and between 2 layers I put a layer of exhasut manifold wrap and screwed it together.Its easy to cut and mould to whatever shape you like.
Frame I made from light alloy and picked up a couple of spare bolt holes to hold it all together. Very light and you can put your hand on the top of it no problems.
Hacks insulation on the bonnet same as Whiteys but above the turbo also put insulated heat resitant reflective tape. You can see the same stuff wrapped around the A/C pipe.

cisco

» CMF Member
Nice practical solution White Knight.

I was thinking about doing a similar kind of thing, with that ACL heat shield material you can buy off Ebay. Apparently its flexible and can be bent into complex shapes.

About $50 total including postage I think for one piece about 700mm x 290mm. Need to put something like that about my turbine, as my turbine is quite close to the intercooler actually. Plus it would look a bit nicer to cover up the ugly turbine :)

Back