heat shield

Fed up with the rattle, trying to remove it but there's a wire goes down into a plug on top of the exhaust, can I take this out in order to remove the heat shield, if so how do I remove it. Thanks

If you mean the one on an earlier K11 circa 1995 then you unbolt and dont have to touch the wire or sensor ... or grind off the seized bolts and lift off.
If you talking of the heat shields on the underside i dont know as i paid a local chap with a ramp to grind the rest off for £10.

2nd facelift 2001

Yea the underside heat shield on the down pipe after the manifold, the plug going into the top of it in the middle of shield

Personally i avoid undoing anything from an exhaust unless i have used Plus gas on it for about a week earlier daily......and still it all snaps. .... my advice is find a local garage and get them to grind it all off ..... they will probably just grind up to the plug and then split the heat shield .... It cost me £10 ...... although mines a 95 so less sensors.......
I did remove some of mine myself, but as i removed some the next part started rattling .... like water torture lol

Its a biach laying on your back with a grinder... with the car propped up on tree stumps..... cos those bolts on the heatsheilds dont undo ... well mine wouldnt ....

Maybe someone else with a later model knows if it unplugs ?

You can't remove the shield without removing the second lambda sensor. I used tin snips and pliers to cut and bend it off around that sensor.

Back