Heat Shield Underneath Cat Convertor

S

SexyCurves

The heat shield has broken off from under my car :down: what I would like to know is, is it something that I need to get sorted asap and how much or am I ok driving with it in this state??

Thanks Jo

SexyCurves said:
The heat shield has broken off from under my car :down: what I would like to know is, is it something that I need to get sorted asap and how much or am I ok driving with it in this state??

Thanks Jo

I'd get it sorted asap - it wouldnt be there in the first place if it wasnt needed :)

Not sure on the price, £15-£30 maybe?

Mine doesn't have one, it doesn't actually really do anything TBH, don't worry about it :)

Its probably best it gets replaced, CAT will get very hot, then you might go through a puddle and the cat will have parts of it made coldish.
Not really good for it. Also its probably worth about £150! A little sheet of metal is worth having there for some protection.

The rest of the exhaust has sheilding on it too I think.

Where do you live? I have one of mine still I think as I no longer have a CAT.

I live in stoke-on-trent how much would you want for it including p+p??

Mine fell off years ago!

Its full of holes, - just like the heat / puddle theory is!

It basicly means you are less likely to ignite anything if you for example park on long dry grass

Buckled mine ages ago when i wuz camping. Ripped it off when i got home, and still had no probs with it off. But if i'd had the cash, i'd probally of got it fixed.
:kungfu:

If you were to get a Janspeed decat, you cant fit a heatshield back to it. Although it serves a purpose its not a big one.

I don't have one either.

Mike

Thanks for the replies, I rang a local garage and basically they said the same so I wont worry about it.

Thanks again :blush:

Jo

hey guys, i had a bad rattling coming from under the bonnet a little while ago, i put car in for service it needed a few things one of which was new clutch. i was told by a mate that the rattling was the heat sheild, after the service it was fine, but now the noise is back and i dont no what it could be, could it be the clutch or just the heat sheild??

Back