headlights

ash 101

Ex. Club Member
My headlights are really dull what bulbs are best to replace the original ones and will i have to do any modification to mak them fit?

http://www.turborevs.org.uk/Xenon-Bulbs.htm

these are the ones i've just bought, at the bottom of the page, the last ones......H4....£7.99 for the pair free delivery

Straight fit in!!

everyone that i go behind says that my lights are bright....

and there ice blue....look good!

and maybe change the side lights to white/tint of blue....LED's

You can get 100/80 watt ones, they aren't strictly legal, but they light the road up well and when was the last time anyone heard of the police taking your bulbs out to check them ?

You can get 100/80 watt ones, they aren't strictly legal, but they light the road up well and when was the last time anyone heard of the police taking your bulbs out to check them ?
Wouldn't they dazzle oncoming traffic though? I can't think of any other reason they wouldnt be road legal.

Yeah I've had enough of inconsiderate EDITED that blind me cos they want to see the road better.
The police may not take your lights out but someone you blinded might.... with a baseball bat or similar.

People get higher wattage bulbs and the only thing they worry about is getting caught with them or failing an MOT, they don't worry about all the other drivers on the road that can't see cos their 90w bulbs are blinding oncoming traffic

If an oncoming car came along with lights that dazzled you you would flash them wouldn't you to let them know theres a problem, I dont receive any flashes from oncoming traffic, so I take it to mean that there's nothing untoward with my lights, besides that, I have asked friends and family if they are too bright when passing or I'm behind them and they say no, it could be something to do with the beam definition on my lights as they are plastic March items, they might react differently with British glass lenses.

I have asked friends and family if they are too bright when passing or I'm behind them and they say no

That's what all people should do but most don't even check their lights are pointing in the right direction, all I'm saying is don't get higher wattage lights if you are just going to #### people off. 60/55 is just fine for driving.

As long as the beam is pointing towards the ;eft then higher wattage bulbs should not dazzle on coming traffic.

If you are complaining about them then maybe Xenons should be banned for road use as they are brighter than any halogen bulb.

The people I hate are the people that think its cool to drive with there fog lights on...These people should have their lights smashed ;)

The people I hate are the people that think its cool to drive with there fog lights on...These people should have their lights smashed ;)

yes i agree!!

but those xenon bulbs should be banded....if there the ones that change colour slightly, might be the HID, but because they change colour i keep thinking i've got cops behind me or something!

I can't stand people who drive with fogs on either.

I've got the Osram Silverstar headlights which are alot brighter than standard, yet don't dazzle.

Yeah people mistake them for driving lights, I might start removing bulbs for these people lol.

make sure they haven't just pulled up otherwise their going to hear a loud "scream" down by the front of their cars! and you will have a burnt finger...lol

I was stuck behind a range rover with a smashed rear light cover so when he was sat on the brakes I was being blinded by his brake light. I would've got out and unscrewed it but it was near a cop shop and I wasn't sure if he worked there lol.

right then myths explained

Xenon bulbs.. there are many different types of these ranging from White "super Brilliance" bulbs from halfords at 50% brighter than standard (although actualy just a whiter light) to Hid (also called Gas discharge or metal halide) these use a spark inside a gas chamber to produce light and do so at 22000V

Xenon bulbs are perfectly legal, dont dazle other road users and do a good job of brightening your way..

HID's are a pain in the backside as most vehicles that have them fitted have a clear lense and actualy have the beam bent or deflected by the reflector. this does not work and has caused many an altercation with road users.

if you are unsure about your head lights then have a look for the E-mark or type approval mark. if they have these then they are legal to use in the EU.

if your lights are not bright enough..... put some driving lamps on the car or fit some "newer" lamp units as the reflector on the headlight unit may have corroded and wont be as effective as it once was.

any "blue" blulb is illegal unless they emit a light that is hotter than 8000K (highly unlikely with a hallogen bulb)

Back