headlights bulbs help

M

MTB

:p Hi all im after a good pair of headlight bulbs, ive been looking on ebay but not sure which ones to choose, can anybody suggest any of the bulbs from ebay or another place, thx MTB:p

I really advise against these. I got them from e-bay, and i find that the standard bulbs are better. The sidelight ones of these don't even make a diffrence, you can't tell the diffrence between them and the standard ones!

Personally - i'd just change the old ones with new standard bulbs.
Titch :kungfu:

titch, did your sidelight appear to be more blue? i think they definetly make a diffence on the headlights, the lights also look blue when there turned off. Me and mate havent had any problems with these, did you get them from the same place?

No the side light was just the same, i can't tell the diffrence with them and the standard ones.
On the main lights, they have a slight blue tint on them, but you get reall poor vis with them, on high beam, its slightly better.

Go to halfords and pay £20 for a set of the Rally bulbs
It says for offroad use only but how are the police supposed to know! They are really white and bright and brilliant for driving in!

Daz :alien:

oops, replaced my bulbs but left light still isnt working, i checked all fuses etc and even tried my old bulb out and it wasnt faulty in the first place, anybody any idea what could be wrong with my lights, i remember reading somewhere on the old forum that there was a post about dodgy headlight faults on the micra, please help.

If it's anything like the K10 then the bulb holder itself is really really crap and the crimp connections in it are poor and go loose then cause it to overheat and melt and burn the plastic, so it doesn't work. I'd have hoped they would have sorted that out by the time they made the K11 though. Worth checking though. Kind of a give away is the big pile of burnt plastic.

Andrew said:
If it's anything like the K10 then the bulb holder itself is really really crap and the crimp connections in it are poor and go loose then cause it to overheat and melt and burn the plastic, so it doesn't work. I'd have hoped they would have sorted that out by the time they made the K11 though. Worth checking though. Kind of a give away is the big pile of burnt plastic.

nope exactly same on the k11 overheats melts n ur left with some plastic mess n a dodgy headlight...

i have posted this before but cant find it but basically on the k10's inside the car the stalk you use to turn the lights on could be whats causing your problem, you can do 2 things to fix this 1.get a stalk from the scrappers or 2. take the stalk off and on the back of it there will be a plastic cover remove it and then inside you will see the contacts for the stalk so say that when you turn the sidelights on you will see (on the back off the stalk) the 2 contacts for sidelights moving, same goes for the dip beam and full beam, then move the stalk to turn the dip beam on and look for the contacts that are down and then remember which they are and then get a nail file or something like that and rubber down the contacts after you done this make sure you haven't bent the contacts up, put the cover back on and then connect it all back up and hopefully it will fix it

Back