Headlight - What to try next?

Hi Everyone, I need a little guidance please.

The passenger headlight is giving me a headache. Only the passenger side!
The side light is ok and so is the main beam but the headlight remains dim, not bright like it should be. The drivers side is OK. I tried changing the bulb - No change, fuses under bonnet all look in good nik and the H4 connector doesn't seem to have melted.

Could it be the H4 connector onto the bulb? Could it be the wiring? I am no expert, so could anyone offer any simple advice please before I have to call an auto electrician?

Thank you

Thanks Agent_Sm1th. As far as I know the wiring has never been touched, as a nice old lady owned the car before me. Could you guide me in the general direction to look for the earth please, as all the wires disappear into a well wrapped bundle! Thanks again

The plug that goes on the headlight has 3 connections. Headlight, main beam and earth. The black wire is the earth. If the spade connection is clean then you need to run an earth wire from the battery and tap into this wire. Other than that you can use a multimeter to test the resistance to earth. I'm just assuming that you haven't got one though. If the wire is the issue, then all you can do is try and trace it back to its earth point or run a new one in.

Excellent, I have a much better idea of what to do now. Tomorrow I will give it a try. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Hi everyone, problem fixed! The issue seemed to be dry joints inside the dip dim box, which is located under the dashboard, near the steering wheel.

Back