Headlight connectors

Merry Christmas and a happy new year everybody!

Slight issue with the headlights. One went out and i wasnt sure why, had a look, the connection from wire to the bulb appears to have melted, and guess what, now the other one is away.

Any quick and simple solutions. I live 5 miles from street lamps so cold hands and torches were my best friends on my way home this mornin in pitch dark scotland.

Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-A310F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Ceramic H4 bulb holders like these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321353600641
Very cheap. Cut off your melted plastic ones (noting which wire goes where) and replace with the new one like for like. You can twist & tape the wires together in an emergency but try to get them properly soldered (ideally) or crimped (alternatively) asap afterwards.

If you're asking for something to solve the problem tonight, I'm sorry...

M C & a h N Y to you too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks for your speedy reply mate. Another Q for yous, do yous think I could solder spades onto the wires without the connectors and just put them on the lights? Or is there some sort of huge fire risk there? I am a delivery driver also so lights are fairly important when I could be out till 1/2am

No worries.
Not qualified to advise, you'll have to make your own choice or maybe someone with greater experience or understanding will weigh in... but as a temporary measure with enough tape/heatshrink it could work, right?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks for your speedy reply mate. Another Q for yous, do yous think I could solder spades onto the wires without the connectors and just put them on the lights? Or is there some sort of huge fire risk there? I am a delivery driver also so lights are fairly important when I could be out till 1/2am

Yes you can.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Micra Sports Club mobile app

i think earthing for your headlight is corroded. You should find the contact and clean it. If you have a battey contact protective spray, use it.
alternatively, you can bypass the earthing by adding a wire.
Whichever you do, you have to make a good earthing connection. Otherwise it keep coming back and melt the surviving socket as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back