omdz.... how to change nissan micra headlight bulb....

How the **** do you change the headlight bulbs?!?! is it possible to do without removing the headlight itself??? I just kind of scared of damaging the headlight as it seem its very tight behind the headlight under the bonnet and seems the the connecter wont comeout unless you pull with alot of force? Need help guys.... thanks..

It might be possible to change the bulb without taking the headlight off, but it will be quite awkward because there's a fair bit of pulling and twisting to do in about 3 inches of space.

Haynes:
to change the bulb pull the plug from the back of the bulb and then pull off the rubber cover.

then you need to release the clip holding the bulb cables by pushing it sideways before pulling it out, now you should have the bulb.

then do the reverse after connecting the new bulb

Hope I helped a bit, if you need more info just ask and I'll take a look at the haynes.

its a pain to replace the buld, i managed to remove but could not put the clip back in place got the dealer to fix it while being serviced.

How the **** do you change the headlight bulbs?!?! is it possible to do without removing the headlight itself??? I just kind of scared of damaging the headlight as it seem its very tight behind the headlight under the bonnet and seems the the connecter wont comeout unless you pull with alot of force? Need help guys.... thanks..

I had the same problem, and I just unscrewed the two bolts holding the lights in. This allowed me to have enough room to remove the bulbs as you dont need to take the light completely off to swap the bulbs. My hands were just to big to get in behind the light to pull the plug outs with them bolted in.

Back