Header Water Tank

Sup dudes! Just joined this forum and I've noticed there is a rec-curing problem with the Expansion tank, I managed to get a second hand one but I'm scared it'll crack open and cause my engine to over heat any advice? :) Baring in mind I applied the tiniest bit of pressure to it and it cracked open on the one I got when I bought the car :/

You mean the overflow tank to the right of the engine bay as you're looking at it?

If I remember rightly it's not actually needed and can be removed, it's there so excess coolant can "overflow" into it and be vacuumed back into the rad.

All right I thought it was there to allow for expansion of the water when it reaches pressure and temperature well I'll get this other one fitted and if that ****s up I'll have to see what a main dealer says haha But thanks very much for your advice :D

All right I thought it was there to allow for expansion of the water when it reaches pressure and temperature well I'll get this other one fitted and if that ####s up I'll have to see what a main dealer says haha But thanks very much for your advice :D
yes it does collect the expanded coolant, and lets it return while cooling, but they are made from eggshell and mine was removed long ago (and i run with a 1 inch airspace at the top of the rad instead) :)

You can say that again I must of seen about 4 in the scrap yards with the same problem! It's stupid but I'll fit this one and just run it with it for now and see how it goes thanks guys!

Even an after market plastic bottle will work. You could even use a coke bottle as long as its air tight around the hoses

Sent From Hell Using Tapatalk 2..... Biaaatch!

Back