head light problems!!!!

my head lights dont always work! they work for a period of time then just give up ten a soon as im about to get the hammer out they start working for a few days again

ive had both side lights out at once before, ive had the left head light out before and ive had the rights headlight out before, sometimes at the same time! need help!
have been pulled by police for it too

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASK'S ITS NOT THE BULBS! i now have a collection of 3 sets that i keep finding out all work.

anyone got a details idea that i can try?

the situation at the moment is just the right hand sidelight thats out - will keep you posted lol

pap29

i have had this problem before, the spade connectors on the fuse holder or relay (engine bay) or bulb fitting corrode, then start to arc and melt the plastic !

this worked when both my micras started playing this game:

take the bulb out of the connector, then using a small flathead screwdriver close the metal contacts together, then push the bulb back in again (may be difficult as things are tighter now).

do it for each connector on each bulb thats not working 100%

worth a try anyway!

Last time I tried to fix a problem like this I accidentally snapped off the corroded spade connectors so be careful lols.

the k10 bulb connectors have a problem with melting, not too sure about the k11, check the relay and check all the connections out first.

Yes the K11 rears of the headlights do corrode and melt!

They also melt the fuse box in the engine bay - so make sure thats ok aswell!

might need to insert a new piece of wiring!

Back