Head and flywheel

pork

Club Member
I'm picking up a 1.0 head and flywheel at the weekend and I'm looking for some direction as to where to send them to have some work done to them, any suggestions? I'm in the Luton area if that helps. Anyone used dw engines services?

dave wallker is ment to do some really good race engines i think he sells ready done heads but he can cater for your needs. i don't think his prices are to bad either.

yeah no harm in trying mate he might give you a discount if you trade in your old head as well so that might be worth asking mate (Y)

Well, that's wot I thought, or at least supply your own head, il have one spate then when I replace the one that's in the car now with the uprated one. Got a flywheel too :)

I use the car daily so can't have it off the road whilst have things done.

I'm gunna get a welder (well convince my mrs to buy one for my birthday) and attempt to make my own manifold, use the old head to help with mocking things up. That's the plan anyway

Hi there. Thanks for the recommendation.

The MA10 head needs to make its way quickly to the scrap bin. The MA12 head is far better and a straight fit.

The earlier 31B castings are OK but the later cat model, 18B are probably better still.

MA10 flywheels are lighter, MA10 fron pulleys are lighter and all are interchangeable.

If you have flywheel work done (anywhere) make sure you get it dynamically balanced

Hi there. Thanks for the recommendation.

The MA10 head needs to make its way quickly to the scrap bin. The MA12 head is far better and a straight fit.

The earlier 31B castings are OK but the later cat model, 18B are probably better still.

MA10 flywheels are lighter, MA10 fron pulleys are lighter and all are interchangeable.

If you have flywheel work done (anywhere) make sure you get it dynamically balanced
So what are the differnces between the two heads? I always thought they are the same

Get the two side by side then you'll see!
The inlet tract on the MA10 is awful. The two types of MA12 both give a decent shot straight at the valve (without turning a 90 degree bend!

dave would my ma12 head be any good to you? its just i went with the cg conversion so its no good to me now. i dint get rid of it cause its mint inside but i cant advertise it on here cause dont have a seller's account yet. just a thought cause i don't really want to weigh it in as it would be a shame really.

dave would my ma12 head be any good to you? its just i went with the cg conversion so its no good to me now. i dint get rid of it cause its mint inside but i cant advertise it on here cause dont have a seller's account yet. just a thought cause i don't really want to weigh it in as it would be a shame really.

PM me with a price mate. It may be, I usually won't buy old core, just make customers find them!

Back