Have you got a 20p worth £50 in your pocket?

They made the mistake of using the casting die from the old 20p on the monarch side of the coin, consequently there is no date present

These coins are in circulation but are incredibly rare, if you find one in your change then its worth £50-£80 so get hunting:wow::wow:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-Royal-Mint-error-results-undated-coins.html

On Ebay they are going for a stupid amount:wow::wow:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__undated-20p-coin_W0QQ_frsZ1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em359

http://www.undated20p.com/

BAAAAAAAA YES omg haha new car here i come lol i have 6 of these all listed on ebay now :D :D :D :D :D

FAIL!!!!

mate first of all by putting them all up means that you don't get a bidding frenzy, because if one coin goes too high they just get another one instead.

secondly, everyone has put these coins on ebay, the more common they are the less valuable they are.

if you keep two, get a display case made up for them and seal them in there for the next 10 years maybe, you could be making a lot more money.

what really ####es me off, is WHO has that kind of money to spend on a 20p in the recession??? everyone is loosing their jobs, fuel is going up in price, yet people can spend a few hundred on a 20p coin.

FAIL!!!!

mate first of all by putting them all up means that you don't get a bidding frenzy, because if one coin goes too high they just get another one instead.

secondly, everyone has put these coins on ebay, the more common they are the less valuable they are.

if you keep two, get a display case made up for them and seal them in there for the next 10 years maybe, you could be making a lot more money.

what really ####es me off, is WHO has that kind of money to spend on a 20p in the recession??? everyone is loosing their jobs, fuel is going up in price, yet people can spend a few hundred on a 20p coin.

hmm i know what you mean but nex i have no job and i desperetly need cash so by doing this im getting my self a little boost and hopefully have enough for a van to start on my own, so by doin this ill have my self a job hehe, but the bids are now up to a total off £570 on 3 coins and my gf says she has 1 in her purse so ima go and see her shortly and get her lessons sorted out, Yea the coins are a little overpriced if you ask me but this is a mirracle in my eyes lol.

I think it's a government trick to help the economy.

People are more likely to spend £50 if they got it for 20p so by 'accidently' messing up they are flooding the market with more cash

People are more likely to spend £50 if they got it for 20p so by 'accidently' messing up they are flooding the market with more cash

thats genious, im with you on that 1! :p

maybe so but i think slightly differant,

the banks/mint have been moaning ages about people hauding coins i.e. silver at home, where it just sits there never spent.

i think they've done this so that people (like my mate at work) will think oh i will check through all my 'piggy' banks for said 20p's and while im at it ill take all my change down the bank.

thus meaning you are weighing in your change for notes that your more likely so spend is the plan.

hmm i know what you mean but nex i have no job and i desperetly need cash so by doing this im getting my self a little boost and hopefully have enough for a van to start on my own, so by doin this ill have my self a job hehe, but the bids are now up to a total off £570 on 3 coins and my gf says she has 1 in her purse so ima go and see her shortly and get her lessons sorted out, Yea the coins are a little overpriced if you ask me but this is a mirracle in my eyes lol.

fair play mate, for £570 i don't blame you, maybe save one if you can as an extra boost in the future

i thought that if the royal mint cocked up and wanted to get the coins out of circulation then this is a great way of doing it, people will be storing these coins away instead of spending them

raided my money bottle and out of 126 20p's there was 6 potential winners but i had dates on mine :(

Padstar230.jpg

i rmember seeing a load of these when they first came out as halfords would get their change directly from the mint in huge sacks, (brand new coins) so we had a whole stack of them with no dates on....... kicking myself now..

Back