Gutting the cats

TWINCAM

Ex. Club Member
I know this is not the best way to get more power, so don't start lol.
Bored today and was thinking of gutting the cats [both of them], what sort of power gain would this get?. i probably won't do this but out of curiosity what would happen?.

Barely anything at all IMO. Not worth it, and you'll need to fit another one come MOT time anyway.

Don't bother.

The cat is not the restrictive part in the K11. It's the awful manifold design. Ditch that for a Janspeed.

what power increase would you get from a janspeed manifold, also my car has verry low miles and the engine is not run in properly...will it be up to full power yet?

Its ok the micra won't be going for another mot, not by me anyway. I agree the power increase would not be great, been told the middle one may yeild a couple of bhp, front one is more restrictive, so a few more bhp maybe.
Might give it ago anyhow, as talked to my mate and he has a spare front cat that i can have for nothing.
If i do it i will post what happend. Although i have heard gutting just the front does not make that much difference, with the second off it may be better.

if your going to de-cat do it properly not by 'gutting' a cat. I tried this and you get a stupid metallic raspy noise

Back