gutted interior

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
does any one actually know what is required in qld to get ya micra registration changed from the 4/5 seater to a 2.

and wat is the authorities thoughts of absolutly no interior. (just a skeleton)

has anyone had any trouble wit this.

i have mine stripped rite now and dont want defects

cisco

» CMF Member
I'm interested in getting changed to a 2 seater aswell!

Maybe the engineer can do it on the engineer's certificate. Hmm. I might ask my engineer.

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
with a stock micra its quite amazing how much a difference it makes by even just takin out the rear seats.

I mean u can actually feel the difference

Your can being so powerful cisco did u notice any differences?

cisco

» CMF Member
I could notice it when the car was spooling up to full boost when you're getting off the line. A bit snappier say under 4000rpm. There is quite a lot of weight in the whole setup when you take it out and feel it. Lots of thick heavy bolts.

I have to finally get around to putting in a tidy false floor in the back soon. Think it will make a great difference to overall appeal and some sound deadening ability too.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Definately get it engineered.

I had a run in with the cop when I only had my front seats in and half the dash.

= Major defect and goodbye $800...

Apparently it's illegal to drive with exposed metal and wiring...

Car moved along quite nicely without the weight in it though but it was well noisy.

Sean

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
im currently workin on a custom interior to tidy things up but i was not intending to put rear seats back in.

i was told this is ok sorta as long as all seatbelt components are 100% removed making it impossible for people to sit in the back.

is that rite.

another small but stupid lil mod i found with weight reduction was light-weight wheel nuts (and of course light-weight wheels).

ones i got are titanium and each weighs as much as a cigarette.

It was nothin to call home about but there was a very very minor dif, i guess every bit counts though hey

cisco

» CMF Member
For sure, and especially when you're removing that weight from the wheels, so its unsprung weight. Even 100g gives major benefits. That's why I like removing my ABS sensor wheels and soon the pickup sensors, because its all stupid unsprung weight bouncing up and down with your wheel over every single bump in the road.

Also moving the battery into under the passenger seat is highly beneficial because it moves that huge mass away from straight above a wheel near the corner of the car.

I should get some titanium wheel nuts, but I bet they were expensive :)

I would like lighter brakes too. The AD22VFs are monster weights. Something all alloy and well designed could provide the same braking abillity but be much lighter. I think some AP's or something would fit because you used to be able to get those to fit the GTi-R pulsars - which are the same fit as the micra.

I'm going to ask my engineer guy about including my no-seats on my certificate. He also needs to add in some bits about my coilover suspension now too, not that the police or the pits would know the difference between that and what it currently says: "whiteline lowered coil springs and shock absorbers all round".

CMF_TicTac

» CMF Member
My mate owns a business and got me a set of APX anodised blue ones, neat look and all, protrude bout 15mm further out than normals and look the part.

Forget exactly how much they were, i think $130 or $140

have to keep torque-wrench wit me now tho

CMF_2

» CMF Member
Hehe, me as well got some RAYS duralumin wheel nuts in the mail on friday via perfect-run import.They're in black...sexy hah. And i weight them on the kitchen scale. Big difference i can say, standard alloy wheel nuts 55gram each, new ones 20gram each, then i put all the total saving weight 560gram on my hand, ho...hoooo i reckon i feel the excitment already,cant wait to drive "2" again.

Cisco, you better get some to match your lightweight rims,they're bloody awesome...... :DDDDDDDD

cisco

» CMF Member
Hey good thinking. Where can you buy RAYS ones from 2 :) ??

Awesome!

Its time for more weight reduction!

CMF_2

» CMF Member
the photo from him.

Attachments

• 1795.jpg
    1795.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 36

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
you have very strict rules in australia. i'm in uk and drive legally a near enough full stripped micra,still got dash board and passenger side seat, but that will go soon when i get a 2nd car. kerb weight is about 700kgs without fuel. i dont see how it can be illegal for you lot though as dont you have any rally cars there? rally cars are road legal and they have nothing inside them apart from a stack of roll cage. in uk anything you can do to a rally car you can also do to a road car without any legal street use issues. you can even take out the headlights aslong as you can say you wont use the car at night time. ( a little know rule that though).

CMF_2

» CMF Member
In NSW,there can be no rear seats and rear seat belts as long as there's a engineering cert.The RTA here dont care too much about the rear,so u can drop in a roll cage at the back as well.

CMF_li'l missy

» CMF Member
my bf's boss is a engineer/mod plater/compliancer and said that you have to remove everything to that no-one can sit in the back. seats, seatbelts etc... and you have to get it mod plated no real need to see an engineer at all, well thats the rules in qld anyway.

Back