got a spare 55 hours, this guy has

If you the customer, you'd kill yourself if it started raining the moment you got out the place. Or a tractor that had just been manure spreading drove past.

TBH I think it's a pointless practice. Cars are there to be driven, not to be shoved in an owners garage or a museum to just look pretty.
After this 55 HOURS of work, the second the owner drives his treasured Gallardo again, it will all be undone. You can't wrap a car in cotton wool so it won't get dirty again.
Fair play to him, if he's got the money then go for it, but if I owned a car like that, I wouldn't worry about doing any of that stuff until I thought about selling it.
Does look stunning though, admittedly.

that guy wasted 55hrs making a very fun car undrivable, i mean, u cant ever give that car some punnishment again after that.
well done and everything, its really clean, but if that ever gets driven again that whole effort was useless! ::D

I bet the owner drives away with it looking as though god himself spat on it then polished it with his sleeve...and within ten minutes it'll look like the dog you have just poochy shampooed, blow dried and brushed to within an inch of it's life...it will have gone out and found the muddiest puddle to roll in, and it will be happy! :p

boring! lol if i did that my car would be ditched as soon as i got out of my village! fair engough i spend around 3hours when i get seriuos at cleanning my car! but this is just stupid..i dont see the point because its just gonna get dirty agian! then he is gonna cry that his 55hour cleaning session lambo is dirty...then gonna do it all agian :D

Well call me crazy but there are alot of people who spend hours detailing their cars. I was suprised to see a car care section on Briskoda with lots of people washing their cars down, drying them, then claying them, wash again, dry again then wax to finish. OK it's not 55hours worth but still it's a good day making your car look pretty :)

I don't think I'd be very impressed if that was my car and someone jet washed it. Especially in my engine bay.

There again, 60 year old brit engineering might be making me paranoid.

Back