Going lower - springs

B

Ben

Ok, after seeing Titch's motor scraping the floor, decided that at the end of the month i want to go lower. Obviously not as low as titch but was thinking possibly 50-60mm. I remember ages ago on the old forums that when Raging_Demon was on about going lower, Gav and i think it may have been Neil posted a few places that would do custom springs for a quite reaosnable price. Anyone know what im talking about??

Yus, but cant remember the name for the love of me! lol, powercoil or something like that i think, they do have a site and do custom spring rates and drops....

cheers neil, will have to try and find em at the end of the month, you any idea how much i will be looking at? How low were yours at the front 45??

Yeahj mine were 45 but were cut springs, not had any problems with them, but it doesnt come recommended...

There were about £40-£60 a spring i think mate

Hi

www.coilsprings.co.uk

I sent them a email a cuple months ago to quote me on the 2 front springs to be lowered by 45mm. They gave me £76 but wasn't clear as to whether it included VAT and delivery or not.

im gettin the front ones hopefully done soon but 55mm possibly 60mm. on standard shocks tho soo fingers crossed all is well.

I have a set of 60mm springa from them that havenever been used if you are interested?

i know of a place in sheffield that do custom springs a got my m8 got a price of £114 p&p for the k11,,,the drop wotever you want and as soft or hard as you want,,can get number if you like..:)

Craig, are they back or front springs and you say 60mm drop? They been designed to be that low or just cut?? How much would you be looking - i have no money at the minte untill the end of the month but i could be interested. Not sure how low i can go though coz im on 16"s and i dont get any scrubbing at -35 but i would think the extra 25 might - i will have to tihnk it over

Thread is here :)
They are 60mm all round IIRC and were made by powercoil so have not been chopped, these are harder than most aftermarket springs I think.
You will probably have to roll your arches

i fancy going about 30mm lower but cant decide on what to do with the front splitter, as i scrape when going off my drive at the mo, so might end up cutting it down a little.

he he,,,steep drive! or low spliter?,,:S

i wanna go like 60mm low but dont want to bump and knock around all the time obviusly coilovers are my only option but funds fail me agen so im staying at 35mm wiv koni's coming shortly

micra049.jpg

lol :glance:

Back