going 1.3 from the 1 litre box

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
any positive negatives from this move? your thoughts appreciated pos/neg
got a 1.3 engine on mine-will also look to lightning the flywheel too

thats a little confusing reg fwn, you profile says you have a 1.3 ? and you want to fit a facelift 1.0 g/box to your 1.3 engine ?

1.0 litre box is better for accelaration...but you'll lose a bit of top end.I am going to ask our gearbox man if he could put a bigger cog in there if I feel I need more top end..Not had a chance to see what it will do yet..
you should lighten the flywheel if you're going to use the 1275 engine.And I think you can use a more robust clutch iirc

thats a little confusing reg fwn, you profile says you have a 1.3 ? and you want to fit a facelift 1.0 g/box to your 1.3 engine ?

sorry if i got mixed erm i bought this sr 1.3 a while back, and due to this site and noseing around posts and such i found out that the sr has a 1 litre box , 3000 rpm = 60 mph 5th gear as the 1.3 has 3000rpm 70 mph in fifth gear
so someone changed this box previously due to write off? or mod they had done?-i have no idea,,,but i find this box (1 litre)slightly snappy--though i would seriously recomend it for speed pick up,its a very worthwhile mod for any one wondering
and even isnt that bad doing good speed on the motorway-----but over all many cars i have laid in peace thanks to this 1litre gearbox----------was wondering on the 1.3 gear box and if i am gonna miss it or will i be able to still rest/peace out other cars on the road
thanks

1.0 litre box is better for accelaration...but you'll lose a bit of top end.I am going to ask our gearbox man if he could put a bigger cog in there if I feel I need more top end..Not had a chance to see what it will do yet..
you should lighten the flywheel if you're going to use the 1275 engine.And I think you can use a more robust clutch iirc

cheers
you need to see the gear box man for certain that cruising is really pleasant on the m-way--would it still sniff petrol if you were doing say 90 mph at 3000revs, (doing say 90 meaning not realy doing it but yeh it would work/or not work nnot encouriging it either people do fine encouraging themselfs anyway:grinning:)
lightning flywheel would be enjoyable and upgrade clutch is the complement ,i will try hard to do this the k11 deserves it!

Back